Is it possible to download garageband for a PC? or is there anywhere where i could get something like it or better for free?
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
Last edited by iron_maiden97 at Mar 31, 2008,
Quote by iron_maiden97
Is it possible to download garageband for a PC?

No, it's possible to run it on a cracked version of OSX on a normal computer though, but that would be illegal

Buy a Mac.
once you go mac, you never go back.

I've learned that the very easy way.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
you can't get garage band for pc, but like all those other guys, i will tell you the same thing, GET A MAC...they are far superior to windows.
Why does everyone want garageband so bad? I mean it's cool at first and it's ok for recording, but there are much better programs out there. I only use garageband because it came free on my computer and I'm too lazy to learn how to use logic.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by StreetLight3989
Why does everyone want garageband so bad? I mean it's cool at first and it's ok for recording, but there are much better programs out there. I only use garageband because it came free on my computer and I'm too lazy to learn how to use logic.

I like garageband just for getting ideas down. It's kind of like the DAW equivalent of notepad or paint.
Reaper and Audacity are pretty cool, I use Reaper to record and Audacity to mix, they're both free and work on PC.

I don't even know if this is relevant.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
^
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Quote by sargasm
I like garageband just for getting ideas down. It's kind of like the DAW equivalent of notepad or paint.

Yeah, that's cool and all, but Garageband really isn't a huge reason to get a Mac. I mean, Logic and Final Cut might be if you're big on making movies or recording, but stuff like garageband and iMovie aren't reasons to get a Mac.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Yeah, that's cool and all, but Garageband really isn't a huge reason to get a Mac. I mean, Logic and Final Cut might be if you're big on making movies or recording, but stuff like garageband and iMovie aren't reasons to get a Mac.

But the thing is, other than money, there are no reasons that you wouldn't get a Mac.

They are just fantastic pieces of technology, a brilliant OS, great hardware and as an added bonus they look great too.
Quote by bequickorbedead
But the thing is, other than money, there are no reasons that you wouldn't get a Mac.

They are just fantastic pieces of technology.

True, I love my Mac. It's so much better, unless you game which I don't.
Quote by StreetLight3989

Agreed.

Nobody on this forum even mentions Logic when they're talking about macs, because they don't know anything about anything. Logic is awesome.
I have a Mac at school (every student gets their own MacBook for use inside school only) and I adore the thing.

Seriously, get a Mac, there's no equivalent.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
OMFG!

The guy asked a simple question and you dolts turn this into a Mac vs. PC thread.

To the TS: No, you can't get Garage Band for the PC. However, there are alternatives such as Fruity Loops, various Sound Software, etc, etc.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by sargasm
Agreed.

Nobody on this forum even mentions Logic when they're talking about macs, because they don't know anything about anything. Logic is awesome.

I downloaded a torrent of Logic, but I don't really know how to use it. I suck at recording .
nope, dont have a clue.

But i plugged my guitar into garageband and im jaming out with sweet distortion that it comes with, it ROCKS!!!!
Quote by sargasm

ditto. I have Logic and I use that when I "record" "record" but I'll use garageband to demo and record things for reference.. It's convenient like that.

Quote by StreetLight3989
I downloaded a torrent of Logic, but I don't really know how to use it. I suck at recording .
Read the manuals in the Help section. That's what I did at first..
Last edited by suthy16 at Mar 31, 2008,
Quote by cjblack532
OMFG!

The guy asked a simple question and you dolts turn this into a Mac vs. PC thread.

I answered it in the very first post.

Quote by sargasm

Same, there's really nothing better for that sort of thing. Audacity and stuff are too simple and don't have many features and the better stuff is a bit complicated for what you want to do. The effects are relatively good for messing around with and the midi stuff can be great fun too. comparing it to notepad or paint is a bit unfair though. When I use them, I'm always like "shit, I can't do what I want to" but I never have that problem with garageband...

Quote by sargasm
Agreed.

That's because it is so expensive. I was going to torrent it to see what it is like but I didn't bother. I take it it's worth a look at then?
^ Sweet zombie jesus yes Logic is the best thing ever. Even Logic Express (only around $200) is phenomenal for both recording and mastering

Quote by Kiffa
Reaper and Audacity are pretty cool, I use Reaper to record and Audacity to mix, they're both free and work on PC.

I don't even know if this is relevant.

Yeah, if you're using a PC I would suggest both programs. You can't get an actual version of Garageband on a PC unless you're running an Apple OS illegally on it.

However, if you're looking for a great music program for PC and have the money for it, I would suggest either Sonar or Samplitude. Both programs are fantastic. Not as nice as Logic Pro IMO, but nice nonetheless.

Logic Pro FTW.

Edit: and I agree with sargasm, Garageband is very nice for simple, "not my final cut" stuff.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~