Hey guys. I have this old guitar that's falling apart and doesn't much work that I probably couldn't even get fifty bucks for, so I figured I'd use it for practice. I also decided I should write all the notes on the fretboard so I can learn them easier. I figured if I used Sharpies it would eventually fade and/or smear everywhere, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to go about doing this. Thanks.
well, ive seen stickers to put on the top of the neck, so u can tell where the root notes are on the E string. you could use a bunch of those.

they'll probably come off though, but whatever you do, good luck
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
Quote by enceps
Pocket knife, carve them in.

ah this will make sliding up and down the fret board feel incredible
Paul Gilbert
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
John Petrucci
Quote by enceps
Pocket knife, carve them in.

OR you could do stickers.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
get a bunch of letter stencils and line them up along the next then pull out the spray paint?
or if your handy with a soldering iron you could burn em in haha
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by guylee
how bout paint markers?

Is that some kind of paint/marker hybrid?

Also, I was thinking maybe I could paint them on with a stain and a tiny brush. It's a maple fretboard so it doesn't have to be something light and colorful.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Is that some kind of paint/marker hybrid?

Also, I was thinking maybe I could paint them on with a stain and a tiny brush. It's a maple fretboard so it doesn't have to be something light and colorful.

actually that's exactly what they are. go to your local hardware store and ask about them.