Page 1 of 2
My broadcasting class just finished watching the Documentary Sicko, by Micheal Moore, Just wondering if anyone else has seen this. I was very moved by it, since i live in the US,

Also if any of you live in a country with free health care, what do you think of it?

Discuss
What do you mean "what do you think about it?" Whats to discuss. One is good, one is bad. DONE
Quote by imthehitcher
people complain bout the NHS

but i'd rather have it than not

NHS=Nut Hiding Squirrels?
im canadian, so i luled the whole way through
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
I love my Canada.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
We shouldn't have free health care. We're not here to provide people with **** they should be working for. That goes for welfare.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
yeah that movie was very biased, especially with the glorifying of national health care.

the amount of people without or with bad health care is this country is still f-ed up though
It's hella biased.

You can even tell in some of his responses

*Note that I'm paraphrasing, I saw this last semester*

"So you guys have free healthcare here?"

"Yea, free babysitting, laundry, ....etc" *He was in France*

and then he did the "I don't believe you, but I really do since this is in the movie for a reason" "No"

It's ****ing rediculous
It makes me angry that there are corporations that get their profits off of denying people healthcare.

We need more biased movies in fact. Most people are so apathetic to everything in this country. It took one movie for Americans to give a **** about global warming. Even if some people don't believe in it now, the amount of people who wouldn't have even known about it would have been a majority. It's ridiculous.
Last edited by Leonheart at Mar 31, 2008,
I've heard the whole documentary is BS. I did a report on Bowling for Columbine, thinking it was really cool, only to find out a good chunk of the film was made up by Moore. I still might check it out.
Quote by GuitarUltimate?
I love my Canada.

I love the right to choose whether or not I have health insurance. And the right to not be charged for other's.
i was amazed though when in france you can get a government Maid to do your laundry and babysit your child

also in Austria you get 1 years paid leave from your job when you have a baby
Quote by JakdOnCrack
National Healthcare System, I believe.
National healthcare works in theory, but in practicality it takes ages to get anything done. I have family in Canada, and they can all attest to that.

national healthcare just works, full bloody stop

i dislocated my shoulder like 4 times, evertime i went to my local NHS hospital and they sorted it, thank you very much see ya later

i already pay taxes, so i should get something at least?

tbh id rather not fork out stupid amounts of money just to be seen by a doctor
Quote by JakdOnCrack
National Healthcare System, I believe.
National healthcare works in theory, but in practicality it takes ages to get anything done. I have family in Canada, and they can all attest to that.

It never takes long for me, so there goes your credibility.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Last edited by Reject_666_6 at Mar 31, 2008,
Quote by rbmason
We shouldn't have free health care. We're not here to provide people with **** they should be working for. That goes for welfare.

your sadly mistaken then
in ontario, where i live, a set amount of money is deducted from everyones paychecks, and put into healthcare, so its technically not free, but it beats the **** out of americas healthcare
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
I have free health care, and I don't use it. But I bet when I need it, I'll be damn happy it's there.
I've been in hospital many times, for various reasons and the NHS hasn't let me down yet. I had private health insurance for a while but I never used it.
health care isn't free in canada i pay 12% of my income to taxes and i make less than 25 grand a year so i pay less than someone over that bracket

all health care is payed by tax

america is ****ed regardless. alot of peopel are cool but your astablisments and government are ****ed

it really is all about the money over their and please don't try to tell me other wise
song stuck in my head today

the whole, "We're causing Global Warming to happen" is BS. The Earth's just going through a cycle.

Think of it this way:

First, the world was fine. Then it got really cold. Then it went back to normal. We're in the middle of it being really hot. It's a cycle.

sorry, just putting my idea out there. Wanted to know what UG thought
Quote by lbc_sublime
health care isn't free in canada i pay 12% of my income to taxes and i make less than 25 grand a year so i pay less than someone over that bracket

all health care is payed by tax

america is ****ed regardless. alot of peopel are cool but your astablisments and government are ****ed

it really is all about the money over their and please don't try to tell me other wise

'Cuz I am sure no one is corrupt in the Canadian government.
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
the whole, "We're causing Global Warming to happen" is BS. The Earth's just going through a cycle.

Think of it this way:

First, the world was fine. Then it got really cold. Then it went back to normal. We're in the middle of it being really hot. It's a cycle.

sorry, just putting my idea out there. Wanted to know what UG thought

lolwtfutlkinbout
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Quoted for truth.

Michael Moore is an ass.

Well thats not fair. You dont want to help your fellow human?
Quote by 5/4
I love the right to choose whether or not I have health insurance. And the right to not be charged for other's.

your 13 you don't know what yur talking about you are in high school have no carreer no kids no house payments outstanding loans or anything

i hope when you get diagnosed with a disease and your country fails you you will realise your misguidedness

most inportantly for people who say that you don't want to pay for ohter people's treatment.

that is what is wrong with america right there selfishness, we must help people that need it.

not everyone is blessed with a dad that can buy them a nic car or a gibson or strat grow the **** up

Quote by lbc_sublime
your 13 you don't know what yur talking about you are in high school have no carreer no kids no house payments outstanding loans or anything

i hope when you get diagnosed with a disease and your country fails you you will realise your misguidedness

most inportantly for people who say that you don't want to pay for ohter people's treatment.

that is what is wrong with america right there selfishness, we must help people that need it.

not everyone is blessed with a dad that can buy them a nic car or a gibson or strat grow the **** up
Yup yup. Taking care of sick family members costs A LOT. If it's happened to you, you wouldnt say that. (Not guy I'm quoting of course I agree with chu)
Quote by lbc_sublime

That's the problem with you right there, stereotyping and self-righteousness. There is good and bad people no matter where you come from. Shut up about the anti-American stereotype bullsh*t, don't lump us all together.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
That's the problem with you right there, stereotyping and self-righteousness. There is good and bad people no matter where you come from. Shut up about the anti-American stereotype bullsh*t, don't lump us all together.

That is what's wrong with everyone today - they're always generalising all the time.If everyone stopped doing that the world would be a better place.
I havent paid much attention to the presendational race yet, is Hilary still promoting free health care?
Quote by hendrixrocker2
I havent paid much attention to the presendational race yet, is Hilary still promoting free health care?

.... She has been since the '90s. Fool. (Its ok)
Quote by ThePeacefrog
.... She has been since the '90s. Fool. (Its ok)

do you guys think we will get it if She wins the race
Quote by hendrixrocker2
do you guys think we will get it if She wins the race

Do you watch politics at all(Its ok). Shes losing by the way, Barack wants it too you know. It will take a while to enact.
Quote by ThePeacefrog
Do you watch politics at all(Its ok). Shes losing by the way, Barack wants it too you know. It will take a while to enact.

yea sometime after Iraq isnt costing u X million per day
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Barack supports cheaper health-care, not free.

Its a way to deal with people who dont want socialized healthcare. Its real real cheap though. Everyone gets it!
I don't like people who are saying that Socialized healthcare is the first step toward communism

schools, the post office, firefighters, the police, all of that is tax-funded. so haven't we already had at least 4 steps toward communism

just for having free healthcare won't turn the U.S into the U.S.S.A
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I don't like people who are saying that Socialized healthcare is the first step toward communism

schools, the post office, firefighters, the police, all of that is tax-funded. so haven't we already had at least 4 steps toward communism

just for having free healthcare won't turn the U.S into the U.S.S.A

You got that from the documentary. Im calling you out.
Quote by Beakwithteeth

i am not anti american. i know americans and they have all been very nice and pleasant to talk to and befriend.

everyone should have the right to be helped if the are sick not just the privelidged.

and that is something that is wrong wiht your country. not anti american. there's lot's wrong wiht canada for sure.

Page 1 of 2