I've been playing guitar for I guess around three years now. I know in the next few weeks I'm starting lessons, I have three teachers I know are all good in my area.
However, I'm not sure which one to use.

the 1st guy is extremely old school he only uses standard notation and he teaches all notes on the fret board and sticks to beginner books that i could tear to shreds, but one of my friends was in almost the same situation and made him go back to basics.

2nd guy sounds perfect he has his own studio wher you take the lessons. he teaches theory as you go along and starts with what you want but probably too expensive

3rd really laid back i know a lot of people who use him that are amazing. He teaches what you want to learn and is really well rounded in my price range and he's well rounded.

which do you think? I've had experiences with all of them and have seen them in music stores playing. Also I've been recommended all of them.

-Will
I smile because I have no idea whats goin on
Last edited by fenderuser93 at Mar 31, 2008,
OLD SCHOOL OLD SCHOOL OLD SCHOOL

just imo

EDIT: it's nice to actually pay someone to teach you if you're ready to really treat it like a class - difficult stuff that will help you in the future. If you just want more of a "tutor" or a "helper" - someone to just give you a little extra nudge and tips here and there, then pick whoever's the funnest.

I'm just speaking from experience - the teachers that taught me things I didn't think I wanted to learn...were in the end much more useful in enabling me to express myself through guitar. So decide between a "Music Teacher" or a "Guitar Tutor" - but good luck and remember it's just my opinion. Pick the one that's the best fit for you.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Last edited by KryptNet at Mar 31, 2008,
Quote by KryptNet
OLD SCHOOL OLD SCHOOL OLD SCHOOL

just imo

EDIT: it's nice to actually pay someone to teach you if you're ready to really treat it like a class - difficult stuff that will help you in the future. If you just want more of a "tutor" or a "helper" - someone to just give you a little extra nudge and tips here and there, then pick whoever's the funnest.

I'm just speaking from experience - the teachers that taught me things I didn't think I wanted to learn...were in the end much more useful in enabling me to express myself through guitar. So decide between a "Music Teacher" or a "Guitar Tutor" - but good luck and remember it's just my opinion. Pick the one that's the best fit for you.

+1

I wish I had a teacher like this. My current teacher isn't bad, I have learned a lot, but it is mostly because he just points and I run with the idea. I guess he more or less tells me what I might should learn than actually teaches me... I really can't stand it when I come in and he says: "what do you want to learn?" I always reply, "Well, what have you got to teach me?"
yes but i already know most of the notes and i'm taking intense theory classes next year so i'd just be paying money for what i learned on my own and what i will learn in the next for years

but all teach theory scales etc the first one not an amzing amount

second a but load third a respectable amount.

Out of all I think the third is the best player the first mainly only plays acoustic

the second is a strong believer in rhythm guitar

third just knows all styles and he's the husband of my theory teacher (i'm taking it next year
I smile because I have no idea whats goin on
Last edited by fenderuser93 at Mar 31, 2008,