I am in the process of buying a new guitar right now and I am into playing metal and hard rock. That is why I am looking into Schecter C-1, or the C-1 with FR. I am not exactly what the purpose of the FR is and what are the downsides of it.
downside you can't change tunings when you want
upside it's freaking amazing and everybody should have one
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
It's just a very versitile and very dependable tremelo system. Pretty much the only downsides are tuning and changing strings because it floats and has a locking nut....but it's very much worth the trouble IMO.
It stays in tune but can be a hassle to setup and retune... You have lots of different things you can do with them. they have a much wider range than strat style trems...
Lots of crap "licensed" floyds so stick with schaller
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Itll take longer if you want to go back and forth between tunings, but nice if you mainly use one
Quote by Walmart91
What do you mean, so tuning into Drop c is just going to take longeR?

yeah it will take longer but you can do thing you cant do with out it ie dive bombs etc.
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Its an original so it'll be close to the quality of the schaller it might even be one
-George Will

Hell Yeah
-George Will

the cool thing is that its a double locking system and when you make a good balance of the bridge with the strings and springs, it makes great sounds with the tremolo. they stay in tune for the most part, but changing tuning is a b*tch as well as changing the strings.
As long as you keep it in one tuning its amazing. But anytime you have to tune, it, or string it, its one of the most annoying things in life. If you do get one, make sure you get one with an Official floyd rose, and not a licenced floyd rose. In other words make sure the floyd rose has the floyd rose, insted of saying that it is licenced by floyd rose.
I have no idea what the difference is between the , Nyandres does the C-1 have what your talking about?
Quote by Walmart91
I am talking about this
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-?sku=518491

Also my other guitars are an Epiphone SG (pretty cheap) so its a piece a **** that gets my fixxx adn wouldnt compare to the Schecter. I dont play in drop D because my guitar sounds like screaming monotone monkey. So I make do with standard tuning.

Thats a licensed. It could be good, but its better to avoid licenced floyds. They can be horrible, and just annoying, taking away the advantages of a floyd rose. I say go for the string through desings instead, or an ibanez s, if you really must have a good tremolo system. The ibanez S, has a really really good tremolo system.
sorry he's right i was looking at another C1 so id wouldn't get it or get it and install a schaller
-George Will

I'd just say get the one you're looking at. Be sure to try a few out in the store and pick the one that holds true under a ton of abuse. Then, if you get it and the LFR craps out on you you can always just buy an after market OFR and install it, as far as I know it's not anything you can't do yourself. A lot of people will tell you LFR are bad, but most will say if you take care of them then they'll be good for a long time. Just be sure to oil the knife edge no matter what you get every time you change strings, and you should be good even with a decent LFR.
this is the place i buy mine
http://www.stewmac.com/shopby/product/1270
-George Will

Quote by Walmart91
What do you mean, so tuning into Drop c is just going to take longeR?

It won't just take longer, it'll be an abosoluet ballache. You'd need to re-balance the bridge for the lower tuning, also changing the tuning on one string affects all the others on a Floyd...you'd be looking at at least half an hour to re-tune. Ideally you'd also have to change strings to a heavier gauge because you'll have zero tuning stability with 9's in drop C on a floating bridge.

Basically, if you want to muck around with different tunings don't bother.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
a HALF HOUR!?!?! I was thinking like 5 minutes.. I think I am just looking into the ones without FR for now.
i can go to drop c from standard in ten min easily you just got to get used to it after a while its second nature
-George Will

I restrung a Floyd from scratch into standard and had it done and dusted in about 15 minutes...that's with years of experience. Going between tunings is arguably even fiddlier as I didn't have to change the spring tension.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
the guitars with floyd roses are very nice (i have one) but the problem is that you can't just all of a sudden drop down to drop D or drop C because of the springs in the back when i string is messed with or tuned down it knocks all of them out of tune but other then that floyd roses are amazing tremolos and are worth every penny