so I'm going to the Montreal show on April 19th. YAY!

Does anyone know how long the shows last? I know this show is set to start at 5:30, so I'm figuring short set lengths...like 45 minutes to an hour each?

If anyone's been in the past, maybe it'll be similar this year for time?

Just curious.

Also, is anyone else going to any of the shows? And who would you really be going to see?

I'm going for In Flames, C.O.B. and Megadeth.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=669025

Oh and yeah, you're looking at around 30 minute sets for the first two/three bands, then closer to an hour for 3rd/4th and Megadeth will be closer to 90 minutes.
YYYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! Goin to the show in London, Ontario on May 1st!!!!! I bet its about an hour set each. I'm goin for JFAC and C.O.B. I dont mind In Flames or Megadeth either. Its gonna be INTENSE!!!!
Quote by matx33
so I'm going to the Montreal show on April 19th. YAY!

Does anyone know how long the shows last? I know this show is set to start at 5:30, so I'm figuring short set lengths...like 45 minutes to an hour each?

If anyone's been in the past, maybe it'll be similar this year for time?

Just curious.

Also, is anyone else going to any of the shows? And who would you really be going to see?

I'm going for In Flames, C.O.B. and Megadeth.

I'm going to the Montreal show too! Small world.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
I would really like to go, but I have no cash, or anybody to go with
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Reject_666_6, nice! Whereabouts are you sitting?

I love how everyone except Magero is Canadian in here...haha

whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
A friend of mine bought the tickets, so I'll have to ask him about it.

How much did you buy them for? I wanted to buy them for 49 bucks, but they sold out, so that friend of mine found us 3 tickets for $60 each.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
But on average, shouldn't the setlists be longer than 05 and 06 runs that had 8 bands? I thought that was Dave's intention: less bands, but more output from the participants.

I'm sorta hoping that HoF and JFAC won't last more than 45 minutes each...shouldn't that be enough to dish out a good chunk of their discography anyways? haha

Then the other 3 bigger bands play for 90+ minutes each...

I'm going for CoB and 'Deth, but I would really like to check out the In Flames stuff...once the setlist comes out I'll definitely try it, but so far, I'm not liking what I'm hearing.
I pray for the sets to be as long as possible. Both CoB and IF have new albums out that I'm not really a fan of, so the longer the set, the more old stuff they'll be able to play.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by ZylitoL
But on average, shouldn't the setlists be longer than 05 and 06 runs that had 8 bands? I thought that was Dave's intention: less bands, but more output from the participants.

I'm sorta hoping that HoF and JFAC won't last more than 45 minutes each...shouldn't that be enough to dish out a good chunk of their discography anyways? haha

Then the other 3 bigger bands play for 90+ minutes each...

I'm going for CoB and 'Deth, but I would really like to check out the In Flames stuff...once the setlist comes out I'll definitely try it, but so far, I'm not liking what I'm hearing.

Last year at Aus, there was 5 bands. Year before there was 4. We got about 30 minute sets from everyone but Megadeth who got about an hour.

You gotta remember they allocate 30 minutes for setup before each band. So thats 2 and a half hours just setting up.
Add that to 3 odd hours of show, thats a 6 hours how. Not even including the hour or so after gates/doors open for people to get in.

You might get a 90 minute set from Deth, but that would be the only one.
Ah, I see the logic now.

How the hell did the 8 band thing work out then? Setup for 8 bands must've taken ****ing long.

As long as I get a 90 minute set from Deth, I will still be content.
29th of april you mean. 19th is here in KY in lousiville I'm going then.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
mow lawns mutha ****a.. shiiieeett back in the old days we used to go out in the fields and pick cotton.. turns out My boss was colorblind.

EDIT:not trying to be racist.
...and don't sig me.
I'm goin to the Edmonton one, I'm goin for JfaC and IF and CoB. i can't wait it will be glorious
Raise Your Hand If you Like:

3 inches of blood
Amon Amarth
Coheed and Cambria
Death Cab For Cutie
Every Time I Die
I Killed the Prom Queen
In Flames
Pride Tiger

My cousins band from Vancouver-NWOBCHM- myspace.com/scarstruckmetalband
Unfortunately, I'm sure In Flames and CoB are just going to play the bad **** off of their new albums, rather than kickass albums like Follow The Reaper and Colony. Megadeth plays a very varied setlist, usually. Job For A Cowboy is supposed to be good live, but I think they're pretty terrible so I'm not looking for much there....High On Fire is pretty good, though.
Quote by Ethicdoom
29th of april you mean. 19th is here in KY in lousiville I'm going then.

Haha thanks, that would be a typo.

Yes, I am going on the 29th.

And Reject, you must be in the nosebleeds or something, I got 2 tickets for like 120 (after tax and all)

I'm in section 101. So, pretty darn good.

You're welcome
When this thing comes to Aus, I'm gonna be laughing so hard.
Mainly cause in Brisbane, the Riverstage (where this thing ALWAYS happens) theres no seats. It's just grass.
No screwing around with seating for me
Now I just have to wait till it comes to Aus
Quote by Adamus9
I'm goin to the Edmonton one, I'm goin for JfaC and IF and CoB. i can't wait it will be glorious

Same here , but im going more for cob and megadeth.
Inflames and Megadeth mostly for me, but High on Fire has my interest and I don't mind CoB at all.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
mow lawns mutha ****a.. shiiieeett back in the old days we used to go out in the fields and pick cotton.. turns out My boss was colorblind.

EDIT:not trying to be racist.
...and don't sig me.
Quote by mortiis999
This has gone downhill recently. In the recent past Gigantour has some half decent line ups.

That's actually funny because if the tour had had the same line-up 7 years ago, the setlists for CoB and IF would have been much better.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Im going to the one in Atlanta on April 20th.

Hopefully COBs and Megadeths set are longest. I hope JFAC's set goes by fast so I have a chance to live.
Ok.