I was doing lots of downpicking earlier today practicing Metallica riffs, and I noticed that I tend to angle the top edge of pick down towards the floor so it ends up at a 45 degree angle to the body of the guitar. Should I be making sure that my pick is parallel to the strings? I tried it like that and it seemed to slow me down, about as fast as I can downpick 16th notes is 92 bpm right now.
Originally Posted by SkyValley
yeah im a virgin but im also pretty good at things like ping-pong and drawing pictures of people playing water polo so it balances out
Quote by Baasoromyuu
I was doing lots of downpicking earlier today practicing Metallica riffs, and I noticed that I tend to angle the top edge of pick down towards the floor so it ends up at a 45 degree angle to the body of the guitar. Should I be making sure that my pick is parallel to the strings? I tried it like that and it seemed to slow me down, about as fast as I can downpick 16th notes is 92 bpm right now.

Angling your pick is fine and that speed is no mean feat, you should be proud, that's just about as fast a "Skin O' My Teeth" by Megadeth and if you can gallop at that speed then that's "Battery" by Metallica.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.