Whats up UG, starting my first build tomorrow. Although it is a build, I will not be building the neck. I'm just going to fix up a Squier Strat neck w/ a custom decal/headstock.

Specs:
BODY:2/3-piece mahogany
PICKUPS: Kent Armstrong Motherbucker, GFS Humbucker-sized p90
NECK: Squier neck, refurb. by me
PAINT: Natural, if grain is nice, if not, a metallic colour maybe?
BRIDGE: Floyd Rose
TUNERS: Wilkinson locking

I'm buying the wood tomorrow, and I'll have pictures posted.

AND THE BIG QUESTION IS!
Could I put a Floyd Rose on a Tele, would all I have to do is just adjust the pickguard to fit it? Or should I stick with a hardtail?
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Quote by djszkoda
Whats up UG, starting my first build tomorrow. Although it is a build, I will not be building the neck. I'm just going to fix up a Squier Strat neck w/ a custom decal/headstock.

Specs:
BODY:2/3-piece mahogany
PICKUPS: Kent Armstrong Motherbucker, GFS Humbucker-sized p90
NECK: Squier neck, refurb. by me
PAINT: Natural, if grain is nice, if not, a metallic colour maybe?
BRIDGE: Floyd Rose
TUNERS: Wilkinson locking

I'm buying the wood tomorrow, and I'll have pictures posted.

AND THE BIG QUESTION IS!
Could I put a Floyd Rose on a Tele, would all I have to do is just adjust the pickguard to fit it? Or should I stick with a hardtail?

Looking forward to this!

Instead of a FR, why not just go for the vintage Strat 6-screw bridge with the tremolo, if you're going for something different?

Also, is the Squier neck from a Strat, so that it'll look like a '72 Deluxe?

Looking forward to making it too!

I would, but I'm looking at making a rock guitar, so it'll need a hella sweet whammy. I just hope it'll work.

Yessir, exactly! It's just laying around, so why not. How hard would it be to shove a locking nut onto it?
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Quote by djszkoda
Looking forward to making it too!

I would, but I'm looking at making a rock guitar, so it'll need a hella sweet whammy. I just hope it'll work.

Yessir, exactly! It's just laying around, so why not. How hard would it be to shove a locking nut onto it?

You need to wait for or PM carousel, Ormsby, james4, LP Addict, and the rest of the savvy builders here. Those who have the chops would probably find that really easy.

Good Luck!

Alright, thanks for the info! =]

Thank you very much! Will keep everyone updated!
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

WTF?
For what?

Anway, if someone can answer this:
Would a Floyd fit on a Tele Deluxe? I need to know so I buy the correct plans.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

i live down the road from him in virginia, he was telling me about it a little while ago. he called dimebag white trash or something. you can IM him at Kylesaywhatt if you have some questions or anything. i wont post for him, thats against the rules, i like having my account.
fight the power that be
Got the wood!

I'm going to glue 2 pieces together on top, then make 3 groups of those and glue them side to side, since I could only get mahogany planks.

Btw, the pic only shows 3 pieces, theres 3 more.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Im really excited to see what happens with this build! I LOVE Telecaster Deluxe's with a passion! Good Luck! I'm sure you'll do fine! just don't rush into anything. thats the biggest mistake that can ever be made.
2005 MIA Fender Telecaster
Dunlop Hendrix Wah Sig.
Ibanez T-808
Fulltone OCD
Big Muff Pi w/Tone Wicker
Fulltone Mini DejaVibe
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Sagrado Poblano Boost
50W Kustom Defender
Dude put a bigsby on it looks so much nicer on a tele, but it might not be the look your going for.
Thanks! I love Telecaster Deluxe's aswell, I really hope it'll turn out amazing.

I would put a bigsby, but the plans I have are for a Floyd Rose/Standard Tremolo.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

put a kahler on it. check out lps tele shredder thread. kahler far surpasses floyd rose, from my personal experiences anyways.
fight the power that be
Whats wrong with a Floyd anyway?

Can't get Kahlers on guitarfetish...
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

if you get a floyd on guitar fetish, you miht as well use a soda can as a tremolo bro.

please please please listen to me.

you are buildign this guitar, hopefully putting your everything into it.

you're seriously going to put lousy hardware like that on it?

don't insult your abilities my man. hardware is what 90% of people look at when they see a guitar. plus you want it to play nice, and if you have crappy hardware on it, well then its going to play like crap.

a kahler tremolo is the easiest bridge you could possibly install. there is so much room for error its not even funny. the route leaves 2-3/32 shift room left to right, the saddles move left to right almost 5-6/32. you seriously cant screw it up.
fight the power that be
They're actually that bad?

Well, would a Krahmer actually be able to do some crazy divebombs, etc. on it?

Hell, I'd but in a bloody 6-screw vintage tremolo if it did that.

Or even, I might just do a hardtail.

Tell me, how do you install a Kahler?
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Last edited by djszkoda at Apr 2, 2008,
I have AIM:
knivesoutplease
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

dont sned this thread to AIM! i wanna learn too:P
Dunlop Hendrix Wah Sig.
Ibanez T-808
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Mini DejaVibe
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
50W Kustom Defender
Don't worry!

I'll post info for others to learn!
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Like this one?
(Invalid img)

Any tremolo would work, but if it's just too much I'll go towards a hardtail or a simple 6-bolt tremolo.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

How would I have to route it? For a regular tremolo?
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Alright, I'm buying plans from guitarplansunlimited, and I'll ask them to change that for me.

Should I tell them I'm mounting a floating vibrato (Wilkinson)?
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

yeah dude, you havent been online yet. hit me up when you get on, my AIM name is the same as this. Ill get LP to describe it all for you, hes done 2 or 3 kahler routes.
fight the power that be
I'll be on tonight, going to school now.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Started the glue up!

That's only one pair; there's three more.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Last edited by djszkoda at Apr 3, 2008,
i hope thats been through a jointer/sander. i recommend you get some hard maple blocks or aluminum bars or something. spreads the weight distribution out, makes clamping much safer on the wood also.
fight the power that be
Oh, its going to be jointed/planed after all the gluing.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

well, if there are any gaps in that wood causing the two peice to not glue properly, you can go ahead and kiss sustain/clean wood vibration goodbye
fight the power that be
It was planed first, and the two planed sides have been glued.

After the glue has been dried, I'm going to joint the edges and glue the rest together. Finally, I'll plain the top and bottom (it's going to be spraypainted, not natural, sadly.)
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

okay cool. ive seen two piece bodies that are laminated like that, you look int oany routed cavity on the body and yo ucan see a 1-3/32 pocket between the two pieces of wood, haha. thats no-good.
fight the power that be
Yeah, the grain doesn't match up which kinda sucks, but I'm going to do a satin (or matte, whatever the hell you want to call it) finish w/ white bindings.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

cool stuff, im online right now if you want some kahler facts/directions.
fight the power that be
Right, I'll get online now.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

updates?
Dunlop Hendrix Wah Sig.
Ibanez T-808
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Mini DejaVibe
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
50W Kustom Defender