I put a Dunlop Strap-lok on my bass, and I love those, I have one on every guitar. But the screwhole is stripped and the screw keeps coming loose. I already have the biggest screw that fits, so is there any way to fix it?
fill the hole with tooth picks and glue, then "drill" a new hole. This is what many luthiers do when encountering this problem
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Get some wood filler; Fill the hole pushing it all the way down with a toothpick (Don't leave the toothpick in there, just push the filler to the bottom) so you don't just cover it, but actually fill it. Re-screw the new screw in.

Worked for me. Did it about a year ago and my Virgo's strap locks have not come loose.
Quote by handlerb
fill the hole with tooth picks and glue, then "drill" a new hole. This is what many luthiers do when encountering this problem

when my strap buttons start to get loose i fill the holes with toothpicks, dipped in wood glue. let it dry, then re-install the strap button. i think this works better than a single dowl, or wood filler alone. the combination of wood(t-picks), and glue gives more strength to the filled hole. wood filler is great for non-stress situations, and a single dowl doesn't have enough surface area exposed to the glue.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Mar 31, 2008,