Just a song I wrote after a conversation I had with my boss.

Dreams Don't Pay The Rent

--------------------------------------

My friend once told me she'd be a doc, and then there she went.
I never wanted to be what like her, but I'd gladly be her patient.
But you said my dreams, would never pay the rent.

Playin' guitars, and playin' the hook, never knew it could be a job.
Writing me songs as the player road, and my heart began to throb.

Someday, I'm gonna be a rock'n'roll star
Someday, I'm not gonna know who you are

You took your dreams and idealisms, and you threw'em at me.
Rockin' tunes at wembley stadium is where I want to be.

Yer said I should secure my future, and do what others do.
Did'yer ever maybe think what it is that I wanted too?

Someday, I'm not gonna know who you are.

--------------------------------------

Still this, and I'll kill you.
Your actions were caused by the fact that you're a Junior Mod. I read the rules, and couldn't find anywhere that said I couldn't post more than 1 thread. Don't even try to use the spam thing, because my threads were NOT spam.
Quote by Rules
Posting Limits.
This is restricted to one piece per day; two per 6 days. It is calculated on a personal basis, not sun-sat, so it is 2 per every 6 days. This is mainly for your benefit. Having too many pieces up means you get less feedback on each piece, so by following this rule you maximise the chance of getting more replies. Any extra threads will be closed, and you’ll have to wait 5 days before you may post again, Posting within those 6 days will result in a warning. Also do not post more than one piece in a single thread and class it as your two in the allowed 6 days, it is 1 per day.

you obviously did not read them too well. It is all there. you may share your lyrics... you just have to be more patient.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/announcement.php?f=7

as to being a junior mod, I enjoy this community and like helping it stay at its maximum potential. Now please stop attacking my actions, as they are correct, and focus on the piece you have open and improving upon your writing skills.
You know, screw you. OMG, I WENT OVER THE LIMIT BY ONE PIECE? ZOMG! Screw you guys, I'm going back to A-G-C.
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
hate to tell you this but i dont find it very good
doesnt rhyme...sounds more like confused/angry poetry

I know, I'm not really a fan of it either. Still, it's better than most of the stuff that's forced down our throats by MTV and the like. Also, I didn't feel in a rhyming mood when I wrote it. I kinda took a cue from the singer of Everclear.
Quote by dude-1
Still, it's better than most of the stuff that's forced down our throats by MTV and the like.

Wow, way to pat yourself on the back.

To me it sounded like novice writing. Almost too explicit, there didn't seem any expression or emotive output in it, no real writing, just words. And the chorus, is worse than what you think MTV feeds down our throats. It was quite cheap and repetitive. I would recommend trying to find a more artistic way to express your opinions, and add some voice to make it something by you and not just generic words.
I'm not trying to bring you down at all. I gave you my advice on what was wrong in my opinion, and somethings to add in to better the piece.

But just understand that cockiness and too much pride will get you no where. It will help a great deal if you can learn how to take criticism without having to puff up your head to make yourself feel better. There is no shame in learning.
weather MTV is beter or not, there really seams like there's nothing to this one man
baSs_[iN]_ya_faCe
Quote by TUMFP
I'm not trying to bring you down at all. I gave you my advice on what was wrong in my opinion, and somethings to add in to better the piece.

But just understand that cockiness and too much pride will get you no where. It will help a great deal if you can learn how to take criticism without having to puff up your head to make yourself feel better. There is no shame in learning.

True. I suppose being 15 tends to have that effect. It's probably why I conflict with my superiors quite often.
Hormones are very active in that age. I've seen you have taken a bunch of heat due to posting limits. My opinion on this is irrelevant so I won't even bother you with it. I'm just saying try and understand the fact that this a HUGE community of online posters and the rules are what seems to work for the mass amount of people visiting this site daily, and they are not directly attacking you.

And I would not burn the bridges here because amongst the mass there are some very talented writers here who lurk these forums and there is a lot to learn from them. I'm a fairly novice writer and have gained a bunch of songwriting tips and advice from those here, it has been a great resource. So maybe open a new perspective on the Songwriting section, and take in what you can because there is a lot of benefit in having an entire panel of writers eager to assist you in becoming a better writer.

I don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing you, because I'm not at all. I'm just trying to help someone gain the same amount I have from these forums.

Cheers.
Alright, you sound like a nice user. The reason that other guy pissed me off is because he went and reported me for something stupid. I mean, I'm new, so can't he just let it slide?
Quote by dude-1
Alright, you sound like a nice user. The reason that other guy pissed me off is because he went and reported me for something stupid. I mean, I'm new, so can't he just let it slide?

Not to start shit again, but the reason I did that was simply shock value. It was the exact same thing that happened to me when I got here, and it made me read the rules and adapt. Had I let it slide or just mentioned it, you would have never read the rules. I tried to explain the reasoning for the report earlier, but you dismissed it. There is nothing personal and its not going on any records... it is simply a tool to help the moderators do their job and to benefit the large community that TUMPF has mentioned. Pretty much every newbie to the community has a thread or two reported at first until they get used to how things run adn then after that its cool. So again, nothing personal, I'm just helping the mods and trying to show you how we run things around here.

Please stick around, you'll learn a lot, just like I have.
Quote by dude-1
Don't worry, he'll probably be crying to his two fathers after he reads my post "Why does my sexuality automatically get decided at birth?! *sobsobsobnomnomnom*". Ya dig?
ShdSlyr2, I don't dig. Zanas is just doing what he has been commissioned to do, keep UG somewhat tidy and orderly. Believe me, in the long run it pays off to have a committed clean up crew.
Yes it's nice to have rules, but the fascism on this site makes me laugh. I think they need to go snippity snip (with the rules and their man card), because it's pretty bad when you have a limit to threads on the board.

By the way, I run my own forum, so I'm quite familiar with a cleanup crew, but Jr. *****'s (even if someone does something slightly against the ToS) are pretty annoying, even on my end.