Anyone tried them? are they better than your sovteks/electro harmonix?
They're alright, nothing to write home about. I currently have Sovteks and JJs in my Mark IV and like them better than the stock Mesas that come in them, but I like the Mesa tubes better than EHX. They cost too much though, not worth it imo.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
What kind of tone are you looking for and what amp?

Mesa's are rebranded.
Does anyone know what company's tubes, Mesa rebrands?

EHX/Sovtek are made by Xpo-pul(Relfektor). The lower-end Sovteks are at best, ok. EHX tubes, I find, vary. I've had some great EHX 12AX7's and poor 6L6's.
Lol at the ignorance of the general population.

Mesa Boogie amps are fixed bias, meaning that you cant rebias them AT ALL without replacing resistors etc, so, they take tubes, test them to make sure they fit within their amps fixed bias, and then sell them as rebranded Mesa Boogie tubes.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
No, just a general statement, meant slightly ironically.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t

Mesa Boogie amps are fixed bias, meaning that you cant rebias them AT ALL without replacing resistors etc, so, they take tubes, test them to make sure they fit within their amps fixed bias, and then sell them as rebranded Mesa Boogie tubes.

ah, I was told they went through a 12 or 24 hour? burn test period... they are really just making sure they can be used again??
Quote by mcw00t

....You do know fixed bias means they just have grounded cathodes and they are instead biased by a negative potential at the grids?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.