'ey mates! lookin for a new guitar, i play metal. i been lookin at dean, esp, schecter, jackson, or ibanez, but im open to any others. so share your opinion!

What's your price range?

What's your current gear?

What country do you live in?

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll

What's your price range?

What's your current gear?

What country do you live in?

$300-$750
schecter damien FR, line 6 spider valve half stack
US

^Heyyyyyyyy get a new amp. A used Peavey 5150 seems to be right up your alley.

Schecter C-1 Classic is really nice.

Agreed, although a Hellraiser would probably be more suited to what he plays.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Agreed, although a Hellraiser would probably be more suited to what he plays.

Truth.
I played the C-1 classic at Guitar Center and got some nice blues tone.
I was surprised.
I plays guitars.
Quote by 2003LP
Truth.
I played the C-1 classic at Guitar Center and got some nice blues tone.
I was surprised.

I think the Classic is more suited to blues than metal. I think Schecter kind of gets pigeon-holed as a guitar for high-gain music, even though they make some pretty versatile guitars. That being said, I don't really like the Seymour Duncan JB for anything . I have an S-1 Blackjack, and I probably play clean 95% of the time.
Quote by utsapp89
metal is pretty broad
more specifics plz
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
go with anything schecter. i've got an s-1 elite and it's the truly the one of the most versatile, affordable, quality, and beautiful guitars i've ever seen. it's really brutal for playing heavy sh*t too
People. He has a Spider half stack. He needs a new amp.
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by FacingUsAll

+1

Stop all guitar purchases until you have a new amp. Owning a Spider amp will make an acoustic sound bad, just because solid-state half stacks offend all guitars.
Dickless.
will plays esp: Eclispe II AHB should work for you or go for the sig(sometimes overpriced but worth the pride)
mark plays jackson: i'd just get his sig
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by FacingUsAll

dude its brand new! i cant get a new amp! you crazy.
Quote by FacingUsAll

But hes not looking for a new amp so everyone stop suggesting it
-George Will

He has a Valve Spider, which are actually pretty decent. But if you did just get it, maybe return it, a used Peavey 5150 AND a new guitar would be readily available.
Quote by sasquatch ass
dude its brand new! i cant get a new amp! you crazy.

My eyes decided to skip over the "valve" part of your "spider half stack" sentence. My apologies .

Not the amp I'd choose, but a decent amp nonetheless.

You could always just replace the pickups in your Damien, or are you looking for a non FR guitar?
Quote by utsapp89