I might have a small gig at a little cafe my dad always goes to and I want to do a cover of Blackbird by Paul Macartney. But I dont have an electric acoustic and i have always planned on getting one but never bothered to. Are there any brands that would be more suiting to a song like that.
Check out the Electronics for Acoustic thread. They may have something there to help you. As for getting and Electric Acoustic I am going to tell you what has been said in about every single thread in this part of the forum: go to a shop and play the guitars yourself. Everyone has different tastes so why go by someone else's?
Nacho Cheese is right on the money.
But if you want some suggestions then at least a rough price range is important.
ibanez acoustic guitars get very mixed reviews. i would avoid them altogether. some swear by them, some despise them. they're like low end ovations.
Quote by captivate
ibanez acoustic guitars get very mixed reviews. i would avoid them altogether. some swear by them, some despise them. they're like low end ovations.

But, he should at least look at them and as many other guitars as possible. Because as you said, some love them some hate them.
i've never seen one of those ibanez montage guitars. i wanna play one.
It's funny but the sound that I liked least form that video was the straight acoustic using the UST. Didn't mind the others though.
wow, lots of features on that thing. i'm with johnos about the ust pickup being my least favorite... but the mix of the ust and the magnetic pickup sounds like a pretty good acoustic tone reproduction. i think it's definitely a far cry to say that the guitar has any kind of decent electric guitar tone capabilities based on that video alone.

i really wanna play one of those. pretty cool!