Ok, I've been playing with clean and my amp's standard distortion now, which is ok, but I want some more effects. Since I know little about this, I come to fellow UGers for help .

First, is there a main difference between a multi effects processor, such as the Boss Me-50, and just separate pedals. Pros/Cons?

Also, since my budget is limited, I was thinking of getting the most bang for the buck, what would you suggest?
I was thinking somewhere along the lines of this. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_effects/zoom/gfx-5/
Which someone in my area is selling for 80 bucks. Good deal? What do you guys think if it.
Thanks.

Edit: Also Is the acoustic simulator on the gfx-5 similar to the Boss Ac-50? Thanks.
For that price, you may aswell go for it.

Multi-fx boards are great for introducing you to the world of effects and figuring out what you like and don't like, so you have something to go by if you decide to go the single pedal route later on.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
IC. So how would I connect this to my amp. Would I connect it to the loop input? or Guitar>XF Processor>Amp. Thanks
Quote by Lucky#Slevin
IC. So how would I connect this to my amp. Would I connect it to the loop input? or Guitar>XF Processor>Amp. Thanks

If you wanted to take all of your sound from the pedal, you could plug it into the amp's effects return jack.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
For that price, you may aswell go for it.

Multi-fx boards are great for introducing you to the world of effects and figuring out what you like and don't like, so you have something to go by if you decide to go the single pedal route later on.

I'll seccond this. I had effects and models on an amp that tought me that I don't like effects and models.
zoom produces some serious sounds for a processor. go for it, especially for just that price. its a nice way to get what you like.
Ibanez RGR420EX
B.C. Rich MockingBird w/ EMG 81/85

Peavey Valveking 212 Tube Combo

Electro harmonix Metal Muff
Electro harmonix Big Muff
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
as people have said, for that price i think its worth grabbing the zoom. i dont really know how great it is, but that seems like a good deal (going from the prices listed in reviews). as people have said, it will be a nice introduction to the world of effects. you can figure out what effects do what and which ones you need/like most. then you can go with either a high(er) quality mfx unit, or get nice individual pedals for those effects you like most.

with a low budget you wont get more than one effect that is of any respectable quality, unless you get good deals on used gear. i could probably pick up 2 nice pedals for under $100 used, but one would be a dynacomp or something that you can score for $30-35. and thats not an interesting effect to start with, cause it doesnt make cool wooshing noises