Ok so this summer I'm going to get a Ceriatone Overtone Special (hand wired Dumble Overdrive Special Clone) and an Avatar 412 cab. I'll probably end up having $400-$500 leftover so I'm thinking I might get another guitar. I have an Eric Clapton Strat so I'm thinking about maybe getting a MIM Tele. I play a lot of cleans, blues, classic rock, and some indie. Would the Tele be a good choice? If not recommend something else that would go well with the amp.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
The strat should be able to handle the cleans and blues, so I'd say go with an Agile AL-3000 and throw in some Duncan Alinco II Pros or '59s.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
save up another $400 for a mid range guitar
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
^ yeah thats the best bet with 700 bucks u can get a Br rich WMD warbeast, NJ deluxe V or ST mockingbird all neck through and with OFR
Quote by devit
^ yeah thats the best bet with 700 bucks u can get a Br rich WMD warbeast, NJ deluxe V or ST mockingbird all neck through and with OFR

Those are all metal guitars. He clearly doesn't play metal.

Although if you are up to saving up for a while, a Gibson SG Faded would be great for classic rock.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by devit

Eh, no Metal for me. An Agile actually wouldn't be a bad idea. As far as saving up more I'm not really looking for a mid-range guitar. I just want something decent to have as a backup/access to more sounds. An LP copy wouldn't be a bad idea because I already have single coils and it would be good to have for classic rock sounds. I just might go that route.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
An LP copy wouldn't be a bad idea because I already have single coils and it would be good to have for classic rock sounds. I just might go that route.

That's what I was going to suggest; expanding your tonal library is always a good idea.

You should definitely look at the Michael Kelly Patriots. Spectacular guitars for the price.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
knobs don't make it all that versatile it is a metal guitar wheter it can be classic metal to heavy metal still means its metal
besides bc rich doesn't make all that good of guitars go with ESP(not LTD) when you get in mid range guitars atleast for metal
i'd say get and gibson for those styles or maybe a gretsch
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
I would recommend a hollowbody man. I am a big fan of used gear or i've heard good things about the washburn es-335 copy