Okay i want to try and make my bass drum pedal motorised so it can be battery powered and do the blastbeatz without me breaking sweat (hey i play 4 instruments so i dont have time to learn Jason Becker guitar and Tomas Haake drums right?

I was thinking if my double pedal was connected via a bicycle style break trigger on the sticks which i squeezed to make the pedal go auto and when i didnt want the blastbeatz just not squeeze them.
i just took the sound thingy out of a birthday card and set it up so that it plays the theme to starwars whenever i open the door. i feel like a hero whenever i open the door. inventing.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
i just took the sound thingy out of a birthday card and set it up so that it plays the theme to starwars whenever i open the door. i feel like a hero whenever i open the door. inventing.

/win
You'll probably need a cam and a small motor to move the device.
Se habla español

Quote by pinheadslts75
People come up with the dumbest names for sexual acts. And the most disgusting concepts for sexual acts.

I'm tempted to report this thread because of how weird this is getting.

I saw x/taluha get her clock
Quote by millencolin182
You'll probably need a cam and a small motor to move the device.

there are cams on drum pedals
it will be very hard for you to keep a steady beat the way you are setting it up because not all mechanical devices work like clock work you may have to install some sort of timing device, that is if i understand what you are trying to say correctly.
Quote by RedMoonMan
it will be very hard for you to keep a steady beat the way you are setting it up because not all mechanical devices work like clock work you may have to install some sort of timing device, that is if i understand what you are trying to say correctly.

Hmm this gets more interesting. Perhaps a trigger on the floor which i simply press at a different height to get a specific tempo.
i have an idea about how this might be able to work well, it would involve a VCR or a VCR Tape Rewinder.
At first i thought of suggesting an Actuator rig, but i dont think it will be fast enough at all. As someone mentioned previously a timing device will be necessary, and a not so small motor. This is a harder task than it sounds methinks, and a Piston like machine should be built, though that would be alot harder thn you would hope. A small motor will not be fast or powerful enough, or have the capacity of a timeing device. my suggestion is just learn to play it, playing four insturments does not mean you have to be a legend at them all.

Otherwise if you really, really, really must do it, hook up two Actuators to the pedals, hook in a timing device (make sure the actuators have enough power and speed to actualy do this, im not %100 on their abilities) it will be battery powered, but my main concern with that sort of rig is that it wont be fast enough, or you may not have the ability to have them go off constantly or consistantly.

EDIT: Otherwise, you could go with your original idea of a bike style thing, have them connected with a chain (intervals of course, so that they will hit one after the other successively, and simply hook them up to bike pedals, literally as you would find them on a bike, so you do not have to worry about timing (from setting up the pedals in the first place) just pedal at the tempo you want.
Thats a much simpler way i think. let me know if it works
Last edited by Themitch at Apr 1, 2008,
what i am thinking is if you get a VCR player and take it apart so the spinning wheels are show, you could disable all the other parts of the VCR in order to make it have some more power. And then you could hack into the fast forward feature and make it so you could control the speed with a censor pad or something. now you hook up the bass pedal to the wheels in a fashion that would pull the pedal, and then release at a certain tension which isn't too complicated. Thats just a rough view of an idea that could be frustrating.
Wouldn't surprise me if one of us invented the Fleshlight.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic