Quote by Hella_Br00tal
god dammit, it sounds so cool.

Don't sweat it bro. You can get a sound that good with any decent rig, so long as you know what your doing. You'll get it.
To be honest I don't think much of his tone is coming from his guitar as much as it is his Framus Cobra, although KsE is known for using a wide variety of amps.

If it helps, he uses an EMG 85 in the bridge.
I thought his tone sounded pretty lifeless...the clean I mean. But yeah, the amps will be giving most of the tone your hearing. Framus Cobra's are pretty damn tasty.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
He is using a Caparison PLM-3, It was a custom I believe.

As far as amps, He uses Framus Cobras, 5150's, Mesa Roadsters, And Hughes and Kettner tri-amps.

The past couple of tours him and Joel have been using Mesa/Boogie Roadsters.
Quote by Ibanez Junkie
It's a Caparison custom. And yes, they ARE expensive. As ****.

They're not that expensive Guitar Asylum is a dealer in the US and the Horus is about 1900. Most other models go over 2500 I imagine. I've seen brand new ones on eBay for 1400 plus so you just gotta look around. As far as what they sound like. I'm not a fan of the Horus, it just seems excessive to have 27 frets. The dellinger has a great feel (IMO) but it's kinda hard to try them out since there are only 3 dealers in the US and only a few others in various parts of Europe and Australia/New Zealand. I played a friends Dellinger and I currently have one on order.
i actually hate those framus cobras, they're way too fizzly for me....i had an endorsement deal with them last year and i got the cobra for around 1500 bucks shipped, with a free cabinet. i ended up selling it to another local guitarist for $3000 =]
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Caparison are no more than Jackson, ESP, or Charvel. More than your average Fender or Ibanez sure, but not super expensive like an Anderson or James Tyler.
Quote by KaneIsRaw13
He is using a Caparison PLM-3, It was a custom I believe.

As far as amps, He uses Framus Cobras, 5150's, Mesa Roadsters, And Hughes and Kettner tri-amps.

The past couple of tours him and Joel have been using Mesa/Boogie Roadsters.

they've also both been using Splawn Nitros on their last tour too.

I was told they went direct into a Pod for those GW lessons, lol.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503

I was told they went direct into a Pod for those GW lessons, lol.

Kinda sounds like it.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by htsktim91989
i actually hate those framus cobras, they're way too fizzly for me....i had an endorsement deal with them last year and i got the cobra for around 1500 bucks shipped, with a free cabinet. i ended up selling it to another local guitarist for $3000 =]

if you didn't rebias the amp right after you got it, you never really heard what it can do. They bias them extremely cold from the factory, around 24-26mA with the stock EH tubes. They really need to be in the 32-36mA range just to get out of crossover distortion, otherwise it's real fizzy. That said, a lot of bands don't tour with them, even if they use them in the studio. Not the most rugged build quality.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Adam uses a Caparison PLM-3, which used to be the signature model for Peter Lesperance (of Harem Scarem). They're really hard to find. And amp wise it sounds like a POD, or similar modeling amp...not organic.