I'm not going to steer you away from that amp so much as pick you up with a crane and drop you on the other side of the country.

In other words, it's an awful amp and you can do an awful lot better
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Do yourself a favor and don't buy it.

Thin and fizzy tone and poor build quality are trademarks of the Marshall MG series.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
to be honest those amps are quite brutal, try to get a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe used for that money or save up some more. But MG is a begginner amp, if you're just starting out go for it, but if you are going after a good tone go for something else.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American 52 Telecaster RI
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Rockerverb 50 Head
Orange Cabinets
MG is great for techcore and Rammstein/Static-x stuff everything else it sucks at\
try a peavy jsx
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by BAoxymoron
MG is great for techcore and Rammstein/Static-x stuff everything else it sucks at\
try a peavy jsx

Completly different class amps, what kind of music do you play Thread Starter?
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
The amp is really bad.

Dont buy a halfstack below $1300

Rather go for a good combo.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Quote by IbanezPsycho
It's Distortion is crushing... Buy two.....

+1 ultimate metal amp!

awsome cleans and crushing distortion, just the amp for everyone

......oh boy whats this world coming to?
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
I was at GC the other day and it was packed full of Marshall MG's. I was only picking up some strings at the time. With all the negative buzz about the MG - I have to hear this sick amp! As a long time Marshall user/advocate...has Marshall went insane???

Anyhoots, I just have to hear this thing, I'm going to GC this weekend...LOL (actually I am serious!)

Peace!
For a long time I've been of the opinion that Marshall hasn't made a good product since the original JCM800's went out of production. The introduction and continued marketing of the MG series only supports that opinion.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
For a long time I've been of the opinion that Marshall hasn't made a good product since the original JCM800's went out of production. The introduction and continued marketing of the MG series only supports that opinion.

JCM2000 rox? JVM aint that bad? Nor the Vintage modern.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
I guess your friend figured out he bought a cheap poor sounding amp and needs a new one now so is trying to pawn it off on you. And of course after a while you will figure it out and sell it to some other unsuspecting soul. Ah the circle of life.
Quote by Kendall

+1

I'm not even a fan of the JCM800, but Marshall has been going downhill since. Marshall seems to have gotten back on track with the release of the JVM, but I doubt they'll stay on track. There's plenty of other amps to choose from anyway.
It's all Marshall, its white cosmetic will stand out ontsage, and it's priced easy. Order today.

Translation:
Its only good points are: the logo on it, the slightly unusual tolex colour, and the price.
Buy it. Its White, so you'll sound exactly like Randy Rhoads.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
I Wanna know what you meant