So a friend of mine asked me the other day if i'd want to be a part of a band. I said sure. I asked what style, and he said like a mix of rock, indie, jazz, and ska. I've never really heard any music like that, and i forgot to ask him for bands like that. Anyone have any suggestions of how to write music like that, and what bands might sound like that?
Just show up the first day and improvise along?
Jazz isn't hard to get the feel for, just work the rhythm.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by ouchies
Jazz is really hard if you don't know what you're doing.. or at least I found it that way.

Yes, you're right. It might be easy to get the "feel" for jazz, but specific techniques and chord voicings are essential if you're going to play it well.
Quote by ouchies
Jazz is really hard if you don't know what you're doing.. or at least I found it that way.

Maybe for UG's worse guitarist...

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I was in a jazz band for an hour. All of the songs were made from about 30 chords that I didn't know how to play . Think I could do much better with it now though. Just learn as much theory as you can (chord names, building of chords and scales).
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!