Well the opportunity has risen for me to buy a Digitech Whammy II. I can get it for about 80-100NZD (60ish USD). I'll probably jump upon it, but I'm just checking if anyone here has experience using one, positive or negative experiences, bass or guitar. Is it worth my $80?
I don't plan on using it extensively, just for small Tool'ish stuff. Y'know like during the bridge of Schism, intro to right in two and the like?

Thanks,
Milan
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Last edited by Nikki197666 at Apr 1, 2008,
**** yea bro, if you can get it for NZ$100 that's a mean deal. I have seen the being sold for NZ$500 at the Rock Shop, so yea, even if it's second-hand that's a mean deal. Though the bass whammy is better for bass, as it goes with the lower frequencies better.

The normal whammy has good effects, and tracks perfectly, but yea, it just doesn't go with bass quite as well as the bass whammy, but then again getting a bass whammy in New Zealand is almost impossible.
great for guitar, but the regular one doesn't track very well for bass in my experience.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
**** yea bro, if you can get it for NZ$100 that's a mean deal. I have seen the being sold for NZ$500 at the Rock Shop, so yea, even if it's second-hand that's a mean deal. Though the bass whammy is better for bass, as it goes with the lower frequencies better.

The normal whammy has good effects, and tracks perfectly, but yea, it just doesn't go with bass quite as well as the bass whammy, but then again getting a bass whammy in New Zealand is almost impossible.

Yeah, although $500NZD is for a Whammy IV. This is the earlier model, used by Satriani and the like I hear.

By not tracking as well, you mean?
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.