well I went into my local music store today to by a used delta blues that has been sitting there for 2 months..............It was gone! so. I need some suggestions for an amp.

i play Classic rock a bit of metal and alot of blues. I have around 4 to 600 dollars.It has to have good cleans and a GREAT overdrive. and I plan on going used

also a couple of nice stomp boxes would be nice.

I'm thinking a sonic stomp
another EQ pedal either a GE-7 or MXR 10 band
Possibly a Jeykll and hyde overdrive
and a EHX memory man with hazari (or however the heck you spell that)

also how is the boss Bassman pedal?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Apr 1, 2008,
So could someone help?
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
sonic stomp is that "enhancing" thingy? umm...i heard it does close to nothing on tube amps but cannot confirm that by personal experience tbh

EQ is always a good idea, the jekyll n hyde is supposed to be really nice as well

dunno bout the memory man, i dont like the fact that its digital but thats just personal opinion i guess, if you like it, get it

boss bassman pedal? moddeling.

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
The memory man is a delay yes?

IMO Digital Delay > Analogue Delay as long as it's good quality. You get too much colouring with analogue delay.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Perhaps a used Traynor YCV50 is worth looking into.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by mcw00t
The memory man is a delay yes?

IMO Digital Delay > Analogue Delay as long as it's good quality. You get too much colouring with analogue delay.

thats just the thing i like about it
it all comes down to personal opinion really

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by hendriko
thats just the thing i like about it
it all comes down to personal opinion really

Hehe, indeed, but then i like the tone I have at the moment, and am quite scared of getting any other pedals except mayhaps an EQ in case it dies

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
well I was looking into a traynor YCV50 but They don't go used very often I've noticed. there is one on ebay for like 500 bucks though so I might but that. but any other suggestions would b e nice.

and I dunno about that memory man. I like that it has a looper thats kinda why I wanna buy it. I might still buy the real memory man though we'll see
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Apr 1, 2008,
Quote by Bostonrocks
well I was looking into a traynor YCV50 but They don't go used very often I've noticed. there is one on ebay for like 500 bucks though so I might but that. but any other suggestions would b e nice.

Just commenting on the guy in your sig, there is actually a difference between the 2 cables ^^

Guitar through bass cable, almost no difference, but the bass cable would be lower capacitance to allow the lower frequencies to pass better

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
^ he was joking. some guy asked if he could use a bass cable for playing guitar. and he was joking about it thats all
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
^ he was joking. some guy asked if he could use a bass cable for playing guitar. and he was joking about it thats all

I know he was joking

But he was being sarcastic about a reasonable question

That's all.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
ohh. lol. sorry.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
so back on the subject of amps....would possibly a used Marshall JCM800 combo or the like do any good for me? Or maybe a Ceriatone Plexi or Dumble clone? Something like that. I'm willing to pay more than 600 if it's a great amp. maybe 8 or 900 at the MOST
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era