I was thinking 2 Vintage 30s on top and 2 G12H30s on bottom, but was curious what you guys prefer for what styles you're playing, what works/doesn't work for your sound, any other thoughts. Thanks
Quote by stevetheempire
I was thinking 2 Vintage 30s on top and 2 G12H30s on bottom, but was curious what you guys prefer for what styles you're playing, what works/doesn't work for your sound, any other thoughts. Thanks

I'd think the combo you have in mind is just right, G12h, have nice amount of bottom end, and the V30s will hold the highs and mids up top
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
That would work pretty well actually but if you were to do an X pattern instead of a 2 on top and 2 on bottom you would get a more balanced sound.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Try putting them in an X pattern.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Quote by stevetheempire
it's an extra $41 to put them in the X pattern... worth it?

You could just order it and then put them in the X pattern yourself.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by stevetheempire
how difficult/risky is this?
<---n00b

Open up the cab, unscrew the speakers and unattach the wires. Screw them in in the pattern you want and resolder the wires. I'm not sure how Avatar does it but I know some companies just use the clip on leads but most will actually solder it.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by stevetheempire
it's an extra $41 to put them in the X pattern... worth it?

I'd get someone from Avatar on the phone to explain to me why they charge an extra $41 to put them in an X pattern, so then I could explain to them in person why I want them to do it for me without any additional charge at all.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
I'd get someone from Avatar on the phone to explain to me why they charge an extra $41 to put them in an X pattern, so then I could explain to them in person why I want them to do it for me without any additional charge at all.

It's indeed pretty rediculous to ask money for that. It's the same job, the technician just has to switch 2 speakers.