Word up.

I've been working through "Stream of Consciousness" this week, and, like with most Dream Theater songs, I tend to just sorta rock out during the tapping solos (for example, the one @ 3:50)

The power tab I have for the solo seems ok, though, and I got a crazy idea. Maybe I'd try learning the solo itself for once.

Does anyone have any advice on learning a solo like that? Are there any techniques to use or bad habits to avoid in a fast tapping run like that?

I do have a winamp slowdown utility to help...
Break it up into small chunks (4 bars, for example) and practise them each SLOWLY until you can get them all up to speed. Then, try linking them all together.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by NByz
Word up.

I've been working through "Stream of Consciousness" this week, and, like with most Dream Theater songs, I tend to just sorta rock out during the tapping solos (for example, the one @ 3:50)

The power tab I have for the solo seems ok, though, and I got a crazy idea. Maybe I'd try learning the solo itself for once.

Does anyone have any advice on learning a solo like that? Are there any techniques to use or bad habits to avoid in a fast tapping run like that?

I do have a winamp slowdown utility to help...

Sorry to dishearten you, but 3:50 is not tapping. It's... insane. However, It's actually not too bad. I just keep putting off sitting down and getting through it. I can do the rest of the song. Damn, I even practiced the two sweeps in it

That song's not too bad if you have a bit of patience.

Oh yeah. There's no tapping in Stream of Consciousness.
Yeah, that's possible...

Well maybe I'll give it a try, but I think my brain might have a hard time working out the timing even @ -50% speed.

Hey Avedas, I'm sure you know that DT is coming to Van on May 6!

I'm across in Victoria.
Quote by NByz
Yeah, that's possible...

Well maybe I'll give it a try, but I think my brain might have a hard time working out the timing even @ -50% speed.

Hey Avedas, I'm sure you know that DT is coming to Van on May 6!

I'm across in Victoria.

Nice! I already have 4 tickets man.