Alright well i was looking on the Sam Ash music website and i noticed that on this bugera amp i have been looking at says:

"BUGERA added Impedance switching to match virtually any speaker cabinet, from 4, 8 to 16 Ohms."

So now im wondering, I want a bigger amp right now but i dont really want the huge head and cabinet, cause its just for practice, however in the future my band wants to start giging, like in 2 years or so i no its kindds weird butw/e. So my question is this, if i bought this: Bugera 6161 2x12 Combo Amp

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=2&TempID=3&DepartmentID=1&STRID=24939&CategorySubID=132&CategoryID=132&BrandID=2293&CategorySubPriceRangeID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=3&Method=3&PriceRangeID=0&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=Department&GroupCode=&categorysubsearch=true

Could i in the long run buy a speaker cabinet and hook it up to this combo amp, So then i would have the combo amp with 2 speakers and then the four speakers from the cab?
Guitars:
Dean Razorback Explosion =D
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:
Line 6 Spider II :S
Peavey ValveKIng Halfstack

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
Yes and now. You could hook it to a cab but I know that most of the time when you hook a combo up to a cab it cuts the speaker from the combo so you would still only have a 212.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
Yes and now. You could hook it to a cab but I know that most of the time when you hook a combo up to a cab it cuts the speaker from the combo so you would still only have a 212.

OK but then i would still have the four normal speakers from the cabinet wouldn't I? like if i got the matching bugera 4x12 cab then i would have the sound comming from four speakers right? not 6
Guitars:
Dean Razorback Explosion =D
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:
Line 6 Spider II :S
Peavey ValveKIng Halfstack

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
Quote by '
AG[ Scott']OK but then i would still have the four normal speakers from the cabinet wouldn't I? like if i got the matching bugera 4x12 cab then i would have the sound comming from four speakers right? not 6

Yes when doing that the combo speakers are there for show,

I'm wondering if its damaging to a combo amp to cut the speakers out and just use the"speaker out" jack on the back
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive