Guy's I've been looking at getting either a VOX DA20CL OR A VOX DA10CL, in fact I was just about to order a DA20CL when I found a review of the DA10CL saying that it had a better sound/tone compared to the DA20CL.
Have any of you guys had any experience with these amps or know which of the two is the better buy. I'd go out & try them but nowhere near me sells them, so I'll be ordering them online.

Cheers

Ben
Dude, an AD15 would be better than a DA series amp.
I believe the AD series would be better than the DA series.

what kinda genres are you playing?

also, if you're bent on solid state.. you could try the roland cubes!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
I believe the AD series would be better than the DA series.

what kinda genres are you playing?

also, if you're bent on solid state.. you could try the roland cubes!

Agreed on every thing but the cube thing.

Need to know what genres. Go with the AD VT line instead of the DA line. Much better tonally. I think that the AD15 is cheaper than a DA20 as well.
I used to have an AD30VT and I can say it's pretty sweet. I found about half the models to my liking. You might like more or other ones than I did. A friend of mine bought the 15 watt model and likes it.

+1 for the AD(enter wattage here)VT amps.
Hehe, I have the AD100VT on laybuy, should have it paid off within the next month. Ive played it several times, and its awesome! I imagine the 15 watt would be just as good, just quiter, less presence but yeah, Id say go for it!
Cheers guys, I think you've persuaded me to go with the AD15VT after looking at some reviews online they sound like a good choice & cheaper, just wish VOX sold them in classic VOX look, instead of the cheap looking chrome metal grill. But I want my AMP to sound good & not just look good. I've been playing electric for about a year now & play on a Columbus LP copy with DiMarzio super distortion pickups, I varied types of stuff, indie rock, Led Zep, Nirvana, Green Day, Metallica......So the ad15vt should be good for me, I also have a Boss DS-2 to get that extra bit of distortion.
Last edited by benk1 at Apr 1, 2008,
I'm not so sure about this AD stuff. It really depends on what your looking for. I can't speak to the DA 10 question, I've never plugged into one. But based on comments here I "thought" I wanted a VOX AD 30 and went to a shop with money in hand. Played the The AD and AD XL. Didn't like either of them.Tryied a Cube 30 and was ready to buy it when I saw the VOX DA 20 and tried it. It didn't have some of the Metal tone of the Cube, but I liked alot of the other tones it put out and the controls were alot simpler. i walked out of the shop with the DA 20. It's a nice little stereo amp with 2x8's and alot of nice tone for an SS amp. The Batteries is a nice plus and it will take headphones,cd's, and mp3 players.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Cheers for all the replys guys, I'm gonna go with the AD15VT as this seems to tick all my boxes, apart from the styling. When I've been playing longer I'll upgrade to a true tube amp, but for now this will do nicely.

Ben