I mean what do i need, or how can i get music that i play onto my computer. What should i use to record, and how much would the equipment cost.
i use a cord that goes from the output on my amp to the imput on my computer then i use audacity which is a free recording program...the cord to go from my amp to my computer has 2 headphone sized jacks on both ends and i bought a thing that makes it into the bigger jack for my amp
i have one of those things that make a head phone jack into a larger one.

H,mm.
do you plug it in the mic slot?
Quote by Ace_rns
I mean what do i need, or how can i get music that i play onto my computer. What should i use to record, and how much would the equipment cost.

get something like this:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3626445

It costs $8.96.

Next, get some sort of cheap DAW to edit in. I use adobe audition. That's not exactly cheap, though. But basically all you need is something that'll let you record multiple tracks and put them together. I'm sure someone else can help you out with finding a decent program for cheap.

But seriously. People go out and buy all sorts of expensive gear when you can get somewhat decent results with a cheap nine dollar computer mic if you know how to use it properly.

But for the record, I do use a lot of relatively expensive stuff.

Quote by A7X08
i use a cord that goes from the output on my amp to the imput on my computer then i use audacity which is a free recording program...the cord to go from my amp to my computer has 2 headphone sized jacks on both ends and i bought a thing that makes it into the bigger jack for my amp

try buying one of those cheap computer mics. put it up against your amp speaker and play your guitar at a fairly low volume. that'll probably sound better than plugging your amp directly into your computer.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Last edited by BigFatSandwich at Apr 1, 2008,
Option 1: buy a line in cord with a large head phone jack and a small one, this will let you plug your guitar into your amp then your amp into your computer.
Option 2: Internal or external mic.

In both cases you will need recording software, I use audacity.
Quote by Flying Couch
What do you think lesbians do in bed? Play cards? They have ways of sexytime just like everybody else.

W
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Why would you NOT scour the news for stories about incestual anal piping?