Hi,

The thing i am asking about is to do with songwriting but if its in the wrong section just let me know.

Now, i am trying to figure out chords i could use next in the song. My knowledge of songwriting is very little you ll need to bear with me. The chord i am playing has various names so whatim trying to figure out is which chord name to use?

http://jguitar.com/chordname?string5=3&string4=3&string3=2&string2=0&string1=0&string0=3

How do i tell what key this is in or what chord name to give it?

Just to help a little the next chord in the song is

http://jguitar.com/chordname?string5=x&string4=8&string3=7&string2=5&string1=x&string0=7

I dont know what names to use for these chords? I am trying to figure out a chord i could use next in the song, whats a good way to do this. I could easily do this off by ear and knowledge of the fretboard but im looking at this from a theoretical point of view just to help improve my knowledge a bit. Im not good with words either so, if you dont understand what i mean then ill try and explain it a bit better.

Thanks for your time and i hope to recieve a a responce from you guys soon.

Also if theres any useful info that will help me that you want to add then please do.

Thanks, HF
sounds like thats in key of G major
try Em or variations like Em6 or Em7
Am7 would also work, or Cmaj or Dmaj or D7
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Buy Jimmy Webb's book Tunesmith and read it, best advice you can get
Gats:
Fender US Vintage 70's Strat, Modded Epi LP, Ibanez RBM-1
Amp:
Hughes and Kettner Edition Tube 20
Pedals:
Catalinbread Semaphore, Red WitchPhaser, Line 6 FM-4, Ibanez SM-9, Ibanez SD-9, Morely Bad Horsie, TC Electronic Nova Delay
^^^
ooh yeah hes right my songwriting lecturer recommended that to our class but i haven't picked it up yet. Is it good?
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Yeah man, not Graeme is it?
Gats:
Amp:
Pedals:
Catalinbread Semaphore, Red WitchPhaser, Line 6 FM-4, Ibanez SM-9, Ibanez SD-9, Morely Bad Horsie, TC Electronic Nova Delay
yeah lol Graeme Downes?
im 1st year contemp music degree
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

ha, yup, the very same, I'm 4th year, He's a god...and the tunesmith book is good, but you've already got a working example of it in front of you, just do as he says and you'll get it eventually!
Gats:
Amp:
Pedals:
Lol him and Ian are like the coolest guys ever
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Anyoneknow the anwer? Its not G major btw, anyone want to try and answer my question? I dont want your opinion on what key you think its in, just read my full post.

thanks
i thought u were asking what key it was in, and i told u what chords u could use, read my 1st post
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

No i wasnt, i know plenty of chords i could use in this progression. YOU DONT understand my post. Go to the links i sent and read the chords then read my post. Dont half ass read my post then go, omg u could use G u could use D. How the **** is that going to help me. I talked about tnghe chord names and which one to use so. Dont bother replying, just stay out of the thread. Someone please acgtually take the time to read my post.
I didnt say whatchords can i use, i said how can i do this, when i dont know what key its in because the chords are all different names.
well if you just take the first chord names the site gives u, it's prolly in G major
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Please take it to the techniques sub-forum, not the main S=L forum.

Thankyou.

*Reported, only for mods to find and close/move.
To hell with this forum anyway, i wasnt expecting to get replies right away but seriously, look at this ****ing bull**** on here, seriously guys, wake up and **** off, i didnt realiset hat UG was filled with a bunch of ****ing noobs that just picked up a guitar. peace out
its not our fault you have trouble writing proper sentences
i read the first post and gave what i thought was the information you wanted, im sorry if thats not what you wanted but you weren't very specific. Now this was all fine but you had to go ruin it with that little post.
*reported* for unnecessary flaming
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals