So basically I've come to conclusion that my Gibson Les Paul Custom is perfect.

Except for the fact that I constantly need to wipe down the neck cause it gets sticky after I play excessively-I try to wash my hands with soap every time before I play but sometimes, I'm just too lazy and then I regret it cause the neck starts getting sticky again.

I've made all the mods on my pickups and whatnot (previous owner had EMGs installed, what a nightmare-went back to passive in a heartbeat) but sadly enough, the neck still gets sticky even after I wipe it down...curse you, lacquer!

Advice ?
Quote by burrit0
Pshh, Christians rebel against evil.

-Gibson Les Paul Custom -
-Random acoustic guitar that's 36 years old -
-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Gibson Les Paul Studio -
-Epiphone PR200E -
Come now, no advice from UG :[?
Quote by burrit0
Pshh, Christians rebel against evil.

-Gibson Les Paul Custom -
-Random acoustic guitar that's 36 years old -
-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Gibson Les Paul Studio -
-Epiphone PR200E -
Quote by Koreanflow
Come now, no advice from UG :[?

Check out the cost of a local luthier sanding it down?
Thats what i was going to suggest. Sanding it down would get rid of the paint and what-not. Natural wood is much slicker than painted wood. You will have to clean the wood periodically because its exposed.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Wash your hands you filthy animal
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
At first, my SG's neck was sticky, but now it is only sticky right after I polish it. Your LP will probably be the same after a bit of playing.
Quote by Kurapica
I once used an SG on stage. I killed three people in the front row and I was only tuning up. It's THAT powerful.

Quote by aeliustehman
I've never seen Metallica use a wah pedal lol.

Quote by BWall1226
does putting stickers on a guitar make someone a poser cause im doing the same thing.