Page 1 of 2
Starting off we have my Ibanez Wepping Demon Wah.
The good: It sounds good, Built like a tank, swichable to step pedal.
The Bad: When in low filter cut off it sounds a little muddy, sucks down batteries like a cheap prom date, sometimes it has issues with delay. Thats about it. So whats your wepons?
Korg AX100G
Good: Sounds great, loads of effects that you actually use and last ages on batteries.
Bad: Always says your batteries are low.
Last edited by opc100 at Apr 1, 2008,
Digitech RP-80

was good until it stopped working.

i liked it, gave me the sounds i wanted cos i've only just started playing and still only have my crappy 10 watt practice amp :P i use the amps at school or run it through guitar rig or amplitube on the computer if i want a better sound.

but lately i don't know whats wrong with it

instead of replacing it i might just get a new amp. i need one.
slash signature wah...the wah is good, but the overdrive circuit is fuked..not worth the money
I've got a Zoom G7 now but before that pretty much my only pedal apart from my tubescreamer and holy grail (both now sold) is my George Dennis Wah/Volume switch. Quite a good pedal, has a hi/lo switch for frequency sweep and also functioned as a volume pedal. Sounded brilliant with my strat, no so with my LP, not as much presence.
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

Yay! Another "What pedal?" thread! I only have one pedal in my signal chain: a Roland RE-20 Space Echo re-issue w/ a Roland EV-5 expression pedal (controller). Love it for its organic, spacey, echo-ey-ness and its ability to be controlled by the EV-5.

Good: Organic sound quality, fairly transparent, quiet.
Bad: No true bypass, somewhat pricey ($250 USD).
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

Last edited by LEVEL4 at Apr 1, 2008,
Ok then...

Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
Good - Massive variation in sounds avaliable, great for the style i play.
Bad - Sounds shocking through my amp, but that is the amps fault really. Also not brilliant for balls out metal, but i don't really play that.

Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Good - Can get some funky effects out of it
Bad - No controls to vary its sound

Marshall EH-1 Echohead
Good - Load of different settings so i can get all sorts of delay sounds, from subtle slapback to full on space walk echo.
Bad - No kind of scale on the delay time control, so getting the right time in between delays can take some trial and error
Gear.

Gretsch G5120
Fender Strat

Peavey Classic 30

Barber Tone Press
EHX Micro POG
Frederic Effects Zombie Klone
MXR GT-OD
Boss DD-20
Boss RV-5
Good thread idea....

Dunlop Crybaby Wah Slash Sig

The good: Sounds great. Its at home playing clean right through to high gain, claims to be true bypass
The bad: THe built in distortion sounds like crap, too much feedback for me

Planet waves pedal tuner

The Good: Built like a tank, VERY bright, supposed true bypass, love this tuner.
The bad: uhhh, I guess some people have said it not TRUE bypass,but it sounds good to me!

Digitech The Weapon

The good: Clean Phaser to Disortion ramp.. Love that setting, Good Sitar sound.
The bad: I only use the ramp effect, the other effects are ok but I dont use (maybe the sitar someday)

Digtech Bad Monkey

The Good: Good cheap OD, sounds good and goes well with my BH,
The bad: Can be a little noisy at times

Dano Fish & Chips

The good: Cheap EQ, sounds good, quiet, sits in the effects loop of my Traynor
The bad: Made of Plastic, I am scared of stepping on it.

MXR 6 band EQ (Old Blue one)

The Good: Eq in steel case
The bad: No on/off switch, No adapter input

My eqs are kinda messed, Since the F&C is plastic, I wished it just stayed on all the time, but i wish the MXR had a switch so that I could use it as a boost. Oh well I am gonna mod it I think.

Thats all thats on my board/I am using.

I also have an RP50 (trying to sell see sig) and a Rocktron Tsunami Chorus I just bought and is making a weird sound.
Last edited by stangconv at Apr 1, 2008,
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix signature Cry Baby Wah.
Good: It's one of the best Wah's out there
Bad: Batteries cost a lot of money.
And do any of you have a pedal or effects in mind but just an'int got the cash for it.
I'm looking at a talkbox for myself but the cheapest i found is a Danlectro at $100
Boss ML-2 (Metalcore)

Good: Ferocious disotrion, which all of the Ug population (That have listened to my recording's) DETEST. (Sp?)
Bad: The low end sounds like crap, too thuddy for my taste. I could almost play techno with it if i messed with the EQ enough.

Edit: Pedals in mind.... ummm i really want to try a Krank Distortius Maximus but i dont think I REALLY need it with seeign as i already have my Boss. I also wanted to try a Line 6 Uber Metal coz it was cheap and the EQ knobs were different then most pedals.
Boss GT8
good: extremely versatile, sounds amazing, huge variety of endless sounds you can conjure up
bad: um... um... uh lets see... it didn't come with a carry bag so i had to pay 40 bucks to get one
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah:
Good: Solid wah pedal. Damn solid.
Bad: Sweep range is a bit limited, but that's a matter of taste.

ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi:
Good: Some really nice distortion.
Bad: Can sound silly if set wrong, sound is a little flat and thin, chews through the batteries, requiers stupid special EH power adapter.

I'm actually a little dissapointed with the the Big Muff. I bought it hoping for something along the lines of cranked-60s-tube-amp-on-acid sort of sound, really warm, dynamic and raw, but it's turned out a kinda flat and thin... not too bad though, just not quite what I was after.
How may The National D help you waste your time?
Ibanez TS9 Reissue

The Good: Great on clean channel for a boosted blues od or even rock distortion. Amazing on solos when cranked distortion, especially with my Windsor. Built better than any other pedal I have ever owned.

The Bad: I guess it doesn't sound the best on my Kustom 12 gauge practice amp. Expensive, for me at least.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
ZVex Fuzz Factory
Good: Very versatile, lots of crazy fun to be had, from synthy stuff and oscillation to more normal fuzz sounds
Bad: Very touchy. Sometimes I find a great tone, then I tweak the knobs a little, and I've lost it forever. Plus, I'd rather have a Fuzz Probe.

Boss OC-2:
Good: Simple and effective on single notes. Sounds great when stacked with other effects
Bad: Not polyponic

ZVex Wah Probe:
Good: Not exactly a regular wah. Easy to manipulate in crazy ways. Very fun to use with the Fuzz Factory.
Bad: If you're into vintage wah tones and you like to keep your wah half-cocked it's not te wa for you.

T-Rex Møller:
Good: Very nice tubescreamer-like overdrive with clean boost. Has a blend knob for the overdrive, which lets you blend it with the clean signal. I use it mainly as a gritty boost
Bad: Nothing really

Boss SD-1 (modified):
Good: I've modded this one to indyguitarist specs. It sounds better now, although I thought it sounded decent stock. Quite dynamic and responsive, and it has a pink LED.
Bad: It's still lacking somewhat, and I'd like something with a little more gain. Maybe a Crunch Box or something.

ZVex Octane III:
Good: Fuzzy fuzz fuzz!
Bad: A bit noisy. Gets a bit muddy with anything more complex than power chords.

Red Witch Moon Phaser:
Good: Sounds great. lots of different settings. Nice and shiny chrome enclosure. Stereo output (I need a second amp, and I need it now!)
Bad: There is some backgound noise, especially on extreme settings.

Boss DD-3 (modified):
Good: I've done a simple high-cut mod on this, which helped a little. It's small, reliable and does what it's supposed to. Plus the Hold-function is kinda neat when used right.

T-Rex Replica:
Good: Sweet, lush, warm-sounding delay. Tap Tempo. Sounds awesome. 1500 ms. Sounds great. If I had to get rid of all my pedals except one, this is the one I'd keep.
Bad: Nothing. Except the price maybe, but that money's already gone, so who cares?
Boss SD-1

Pros: Tightens the **** out of my sound, and doesn't color my tone as much as people say it does.
Cons: Gives a faint hiss, but that is inevitable

Weeping Demon Wah

Pros: Customizable, very efficient, and sounds great in my opinion

Cons: Battery problem, and sometimes I think it's a bit big for a wah.

Oh, and in awhile I'll have an ISP Decimator
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at Apr 1, 2008,
Ibanez SM7

Good- Locked buttons, sounds pretty good, noise gate
Bad- Only 2 band EQ

Ibanez FL9

Good- Wide range of sounds
Bad- Stomp Button too small

Behringer TU300

Good- Works well, cheap
Bad- Make of plastic

Onerr Wah

Good- Cheap, decent sound quality
Bad- No EQ
Dunlop 535Q

Good: Extremely versatile, great tone.
Bad: It doesn't change its own batteries.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Holy Grail
Good: Superb unit for the money
Bad: Spring setting sounds a bit too metally through the loop at times

Small Clone
Good: I couldnt ask for anything better in a chorus
Bad: It doesnt make cookies for me

Nano Stone
Good: Small fits on my board, no volume drop, sweet phaser, sounds great
Bad: Still need to find more use for it

Sovtek RI Big Muff
Good: Decent for the money, satisfied me for the time ive had it
Bad: Harsh, brittle at times, its not even a fuzz/distortion, its some unkown thing in between, i need proper fuzz and distortion unit.

Vox Wah
Good: Good wah, does the clean funky thing great
Bad: Not as vocal as I want, cant be modded either...

Catalinbread Silverkiss
Good: Superb sound, has everything I want from an OD, awesome crunchy SRV tones and lightly overdriven Indieish stuff... And a 3 band EQ =)
Bad: I wish it had more room to clean boost

MXR Dynacomp
Good: One of my fav pedals, fattens everything up, makes me sound like I play better than I do, fingerpicking is much easier win win
Bad: It can be quite noisy.
Quote by kyrreca
ZVex Fuzz Factory
Good: Very versatile, lots of crazy fun to be had, from synthy stuff and oscillation to more normal fuzz sounds
Bad: Very touchy. Sometimes I find a great tone, then I tweak the knobs a little, and I've lost it forever. Plus, I'd rather have a Fuzz Probe.

Boss OC-2:
Good: Simple and effective on single notes. Sounds great when stacked with other effects
Bad: Not polyponic

ZVex Wah Probe:
Good: Not exactly a regular wah. Easy to manipulate in crazy ways. Very fun to use with the Fuzz Factory.
Bad: If you're into vintage wah tones and you like to keep your wah half-cocked it's not te wa for you.

T-Rex Møller:
Good: Very nice tubescreamer-like overdrive with clean boost. Has a blend knob for the overdrive, which lets you blend it with the clean signal. I use it mainly as a gritty boost
Bad: Nothing really

Boss SD-1 (modified):
Good: I've modded this one to indyguitarist specs. It sounds better now, although I thought it sounded decent stock. Quite dynamic and responsive, and it has a pink LED.
Bad: It's still lacking somewhat, and I'd like something with a little more gain. Maybe a Crunch Box or something.

ZVex Octane III:
Good: Fuzzy fuzz fuzz!
Bad: A bit noisy. Gets a bit muddy with anything more complex than power chords.

Red Witch Moon Phaser:
Good: Sounds great. lots of different settings. Nice and shiny chrome enclosure. Stereo output (I need a second amp, and I need it now!)
Bad: There is some backgound noise, especially on extreme settings.

Boss DD-3 (modified):
Good: I've done a simple high-cut mod on this, which helped a little. It's small, reliable and does what it's supposed to. Plus the Hold-function is kinda neat when used right.

T-Rex Replica:
Good: Sweet, lush, warm-sounding delay. Tap Tempo. Sounds awesome. 1500 ms. Sounds great. If I had to get rid of all my pedals except one, this is the one I'd keep.
Bad: Nothing. Except the price maybe, but that money's already gone, so who cares?

Finally, someone else with a good taste in effects.

I will have to take up a good page with my one:

Dunlop GCB-95:
Good: Provides the great modern Crybaby wah sound I like, especially since I have modded it.
Bad: Buffered bypass sucks tone (planning to mod to change to true bypass and add an LED)

Planet Waves Tuner Pedal:
Good: Accurate, easy to use tuner
Bad: Has some low pitched droning noise when engaged (i don't know if this is just mine though but it doesn't affect operation at all)

Maxon OD-9:
Good: A nice sounding, light overdrive.
Bad: Doesn't really have enough headroom and feeds back easily.

EHX Frequency Analyzer:
Good: A great sounding, versatile ring modulator that helps me create my own ring mod sounds.
Bad: Not as versatile as say, a Moog.

Moog MuRF:
Good: Versatile and experimental pedal that I love and use regularly
Bad: Price, holy crap, it broke the bank.

Diamond Memory Lane:
Good: Great sounding, versatile analog delay that serves great purpose, has tap tempo which is a godsend and modulation makes it unique.
Bad: Expense and oscillates a little too easy (can be used to advantage though)

Digitech Whammy:
Good: Unique sounding pedal with totally unique options
Bad: Does not track very well (hoping to replace it with EHX HOG)

Ernie Ball Volume Pedal:
Good: Quiet and serves its purpose
Bad: What can be bad about a volume pedal

Morrison Audio Booster:
Good: Provides adequate clean and unaltered boost for effects loop, cheap and Aussie-made
Bad: None really

Boss Super Chorus:
Good: Sounds good with my setup and the context I use it in (you may kill me but I hate the sound of vintage analog chorus pedals i.e. Roland CE-1, Small Clone etc. They sound so overbearing and invasive, plus they don't know the word subtle, particularly the Small Clone, that is a god awful pedal)
Bad: If I want to use other setting, it can sound a little cold but I'm not complaining.

Boss Super Phaser:
Good: Good sounding, unique analog 12 stage phaser. Has a very distinctive sound
Bad: MASSIVE volume boost.

MXR EVH Phase 90:
Good: Great sounding, well-recognised phaser. I love this pedal to death.
Bad: A little noisy when nothing is being played.

Boss DD-3:
Good: nice, versatile, good sounding digital delay
Bad: No tap tempo, a little lifeless (may replace with T-Rex Replica when I am rich enough to do so)

I think that is it.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
^^^Nice collection. I'm especially jealous of the Memory Lane and the MuRF.

If you want to mod your GCB-95, check out this site (if you haven't seen it already):
http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/mods/dunlop.htm
I've done TB mod, range adjustment and added a pot to adjust the Q value. It was a real improvement. I've still got the modified GCB-95 as a backup and for more conventional wah tones, but I can't fit it on my board at the moment.
In order that i got them:

JEN Elettronica Mister Crybaby Super
Good: It IS that vintage Wah sound. No doubt about it. Also it functions as a volume pedal while the wah is switched off.
Bad: Its not the pedal's fault because its so old but it really is showing its age. its kinda crackly. also the switch is difficult to press. I have to roll it back and literally SLAM it forwards for it to click on/off. Its a little easier to switch off than it is to switch on. Also, it has the same power socket as the modern EHX pedals. So i need an adaptor to use it with my power bank.

Danelectro DanEcho DE-1
Good: I really love the sound of it. I bought it just because it was £2, and it was actually a very good buy.
Bad: There's no tap tempo function, so i can't use rhythmic delays effectively. Comes from being all analog though. For how little it cost me, its no loss.

Danelectro FreeSpeech Talk Box
Good: Well, at least it sounds good, and with a decent PA, its usable.
Bad: hmm, where do i start? The volume? For someone with a loud voice like me, the level of this effect can't compete with my vocals level-wise. at all. The volume control is also completely useless, as it only controls the mic input level. I don't use the in-line mics, because they are just crap. While it was a good idea for danelectro to make an entirely self contained effect, it falls short mainly based on what makes it different from the rest, making it just an inferior product. Then again, its a lot cheaper than other talkboxes, and i'm not rich.

Marshall Jackhammer JH-1
Good: This pedal is very versatile and sounds great. I mainly use it for overdrive, and it is a very powerful overdrive pedal.
Bad: The Distortion setting, while it sounds good, if you turn the gain up anywhere past, say, 11 o'clock, and turn the pedal off, you'll hear a weak version of the distortion underneath the clean sound - It raped my cleans so much that i went out and bought:

Boss DS-2 TURBO Distortion
Good: Well, i actually love this pedal. It has a wonderfully unpleasant growly sound to it. I felt homesick without a buzzy solid-state distorted sound, so with an excuse to get a different pedal for distortion, i bought this, and it gave me the exact sound i wanted it to. I think its actually got quite a big, powerful tone, despite what everybody else says about it.
Bad: My only gripe with this pedal is it can be very noisy on higher gain settings. And its not really very versatile.

I can't really say much about the EHX small clone, as GAK haven't sent it yet but from the time i tried it in the shop i must say the only thing i disliked about it is the way it sometimes makes a loud popping sound when you switch it on, and it has a different power socket to the standard pedals. I loved everything else about it.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Little Lehle

Pro: Extremely versatile true bypass loop that ALWAYS works.
Con: If you get mad and need to break something you'll hurt yourself trying to break it.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
USA Big Muff
Pro - unique sound, good for leads
Cons - very unique sound, and isnt very versatile as a result. Can be very noisy

Crybaby 535Q
Pro: very versatile, can sound pretty great.
Cons - mine broke...many times

TS-9DX -
Pro - great for added crunch, boost, added bass
Cons - can get muddy, extra modes do NOT add extra overdrive as advertised, not great for that rhythm channel overdrive sound

DS-2
Pro - great for wall of sound, thick, rhythm sound. Sounds great when combined with big muff.
Cons - can get a bit nasally and thin

Fuzz Factory
Pro- amazing in everyway
Con - can get pretty noisy (i had to reach for that one)

Memory man with hazarai
Pro- many great delay sounds, very versatile, loop is easy to use.
Cons - no self oscilation, no way of changing settings live (easily)

Echo Park
Pro- many settings, nice delay sounds, tap tempo.
Cons - not great sounding, made cheaply.

Roto-machine
Pro- sounds very much like a leslie cabinet
Cons - not for that univibe sound, made cheaply. doesnt react well with some pedals

Liquaflange
Pro- alot of settings, can sound like nintendo sounds.
Cons - not of alot of useful settings (got it for free)

Megawah
Pro- 4 analog seperate wah types. very versatile. sounds great with fuzz factor when after it.
Cons - not great with high gain when before it.

Small stone
pro- fantastic phaser
cons - cant find many uses

Holy grail
Pro- great reverb settings, can get varied sounds.
Cons - no decay knob, hard to get subtle sounds (goes from barely audible to too much very quickly)

i think thats all i got, but Im sure im missing a few.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Whammy 4:

Pros: It's great fun, and you can make some really awesome soundscape type things. And I actually use all of the settings which surprised me.

Cons: The bypass takes away a bit of high end, but that's what treble knobs are for. It can get a bit wobbly sometimes but I can put up with that.

Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Pros: Sounds really good with distortion. I just really like the sound.

Cons: Crap on cleans unless I take 10 minutes to redo the settings which I can't be bothered with. I'd also prefer to have had the 535Q, just because I don't even listen to Dime stuff anymore so it's a bit silly having his wah. I got it for cheaper than a 535 though so I can't complain.

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pros: Great for the price, makes my fuzz sound a lot better.

Cons: I don't really need or use it much.

EHX Little Big Muff

Pros: Sounds kind of cool for over the top sounds.

Cons: It's a bit rubbish for anything else, so I never use it.

Boss PH-2

Pros: I like the sound, and I can get some mental noises out of it.

Cons: The bypass is absolutely dreaful. The thing swooshes when I turn it off.

EHX Deluxe Memory Man

Pros: It's just brilliant. I love it for leads.

Cons: Only that it doesn't have a line 6 DL4 built into it aswell
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
EHX/Sovtek Big Muff
good: nice 'n fuzzy, plays well with others [pedals], good battery life
bad: input on opposite side, no AC adapter, non true bypass

Digitech Screamin' Blues
good: nice boost for leads
bad: lowest battery life of any pedal i've owned

EHX Small Clone
good: great, watery chorus, good battery life
bad: the only thing i could ask for is an expression pedal out.

EHX Nano Dr. Q
good: adds nice dynamic flair
bad: have to lower volume on guitar, big volume drop with bass boost off

MXR Phase 90
good: gives a cool sound on fuzz chords
bad: not so great on leads
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
Here's my pedalboard as of now. I tend to switch between the Replica, Carbon Copy, and DM-3 for delay, but everything else stays the same.

Korg Pitch Black
It tunes and doesnt suck tone. Works fine for me.

Keeley SD-1 (stacked mod)
Good: Versatile-- it can overdrive my Twin close to Plexi territory. The asymmetrical chip simulates tube overdrive quite well. Low gain settings are glorious. The ability to switch between chips adds an extra dimension to my sound
Bad: none. I would recommend this pedal over an OCD.

Analogman SunFace NKT 275
Good: Smooth and creamy with sustain for days. Cleans up well with the guitars volume knob. Great for lead or rhytm.
Bad: It is an incredibly expensive Fuzz Face circuit.

Danelectro Fish n Chips
Good: tightens up my dirt well. not noisy.
Bad:Plastic casing feels flimsy. However, mine is on all the time, so that is irrelevant.

RetroSonic Phaser
Good: sounds like a vintage Phase 90, but more tweakable. Can be very subtle or over the top.
Bad: Sound quality suffers as soon as the battery starts to go. I use an adapter, so I don't have to deal with that issue.

T-Rex Replica
Good: Very warm. Nails Gilmour's "echoes" tone perfectly. Does not interfere with my dry signal at all. Built like a tank
Bad: the sound is perfect, but it's not worth the $400. You can get something pretty close for about half the price.
Line 6 DL4
Good: very versatile delay. the looper is amazing to play with. SOO MANY options regarding what i want in a delay. true bypass and also an optional buffer.
bad: the analog echoes are pretty digital sounding and color my tone. same with the tape echo.

ISP decimator
good: gets rid of all my noise from my amp in the effects loop.
bad: its chrome. i hate chrome

Boss ds-1 modded
good: it gets the job done sometimes but its not that great
bad: pretty fizzy once you get the tone past 12 oclock. also its very muddy. also doesnt have enough gain

ts-9
good: perfect for boosting my amp
bad: it doesnt sound great through the clean channel

cry baby
good: good for cleans i guess
bad: not too great of a sweep but gets the job done. not too great for distortion.

danelectro tuna melt
good: cheap. fun to play with. not a serious pedal.
bad: cheap. not a serious pedal. plastic case.

behringer uf100 ultra flanger
good: its not broken yet
bad: it sounds bad

MI audio blues boy deluxe
good: very versatile. can go from tubescreamer sounding to a full on vintage crunch. loads of gain on tap.
bad: none. its the best pedal ive used. better than the OCD.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Isp Decimator
Pro: Works flawlessly.. Kills noise, hum, buzz, feedback, excess distortion noise and radio stations lol
Con's: None, only option i would of liked was a fast gate option.

MXR 108 EQ
Pro: Best EQ Pedal in the market at the moment, does what an eq is supposed to do and more.
Con's: None

Tubescreamer and Tubesreamer Modified
Pro: Works great, really tightens things up and sounds good. The modified verison sounds even better and sounds really good on the clean channel. Mod's done, TS808 with Stevie Ray Vaughn chip and Keeley less is more mod with my own touch.
Con: Needs a bit more Level boost...

Protone T.V. Delay
Pro: Very organic analog sounding delay. Not much to the design just simple easy to use and works like a charge. True bypass as well.
Con's: Dont use it enough for the price tag.... But thats just a personal thing..

Protone Body Rot
Pro: Gain for days and really tones in on that death metal sound. Got it just incase i wanted to get into the death metal stuff. Has a very strong crunch to it but can get soft as well. True bypass as well.
Con's: Dont use it enough for the price tag.... But thats just a personal thing..

MXR 104 Distortion Plus (modded)
Pro: Has a really close sound to the Tubescreamer now with a huge level boost. Also cleaned up the distortion channel a bit and gave it more crunch.
Con: Built it for lead boosts but never play leads lol

BBE 882I
Pro: Takes the pillows from in front of your amp, makes things a bit clearer.
Con's: Dont take the knobs past 12 oclock or it gets really processed. Get the sonic stomp and save some cash unless your running two amps or have a use for the second channel.
Pedals I use and own now

Yamaha Magicstomp MKII

Pros:
- Great price
- Great sound
- syncs with PC with USB for easy editing
- great amount of editing capabilities
- stereo outputs
- headphone out so you can use it on the road
- works great with or without an amp (I run direct to the board, no amp)
- Yamaha has a site for this pedal so you can add more patches if you like them.

Cons:
- You can't combine patches
- Screen is a little hard to see being so small.
- Being it's an older pedal, Yamaha last updated their site in 2004 and drivers are not out for vista. Yahoo groups does have a set of groups for this pedal and so I think one of them may work out a way to make a vista patch sooner or later.

Digitech EX7

Pros:
- Great sound even for a digital pedal
- fairly compact, just a tad larger than a standard vox or dunlop wah.
- Good amount of FX in one compact pedal
- stereo outs with different routing options for amps and mixers.
- sounds great with or without an amp
- power pack comes with the pedal

Cons:
- The foot board is a little stiff and loosing it causes the joint to move around and make some strange noises when using the heel and toe switches.
- It is hard to use the heel and tow switches without mods, you really have to stand on the pedal to get those to work but it is easy to mod and fix this problem.
- Power pack isn't your standard 9V so you will need to use the pack that comes with the pedal.
- The FS3X foot switch really should come with this pedal because it really helps use the pedal in a live setting quite a bit but you can build this pedal for under $20 if you wanted to...I did.

Pedals I've used in the past

Original Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Pros:
- very affordable
- it does work fairly well...

Cons:
- Sound isn't great but you can modify this pedal to sound top notch which is what I did.
- No true bypass so it sucks tone quite a bit...another easy fix though...
- Eats batteries like crazy, use the Dunlop power pack with it.
- Original toe switch fails fairly quickly if you use this pedal often. Mine lasted just 3 months and so I did the true bypass mod after that.

Ibanez WD7 Wah

Pros:
- Great auto on feature when you press on the pedal
- Nice amount of adjustments all around
- works well, built well...nice and heavy

Cons:
- Fairly large and so it takes up lots of space on your board
- I found the sweep range to really lack in the clean cheanel and it was OK on a distortion channel.
- Eats up batteries quickly but you can run this on 9VDC which is nice.

Boss DS1 distortion

Pros:
- Great price
- good for someone looking to use it for a boost or is new to guitar
- works ok for an OD pedal
- Very compact
- Runs on a 9V supply
- Not too easy to mod but if you do you can really get some great sound sounds out of this pedal and sell it for a nice profit on ebay as I did.

Cons:
- I found it to lack the distortion I was looking for
- It was a little noisy and muddy to my ear
- Must be modified if you want more distortion with this pedal.

Danelectro DJ14 Fish and Chips 7-Band EQ

Pros:
- Very low in price
- does what its supposed to...
- runs on a standard 9VDC source

cons:
- Made mostly of plastic, the case and components can easily break
- Not a great sounding EQ but its not a high priced unit...
- May not last long since it's made with cheap slide POTs
- Small in size and hard to find that small button
- lousy input/output jacks
- A little noisy

I would rather spend my money on a MXR M-109 or if you need more control, a Behringer FBQ1502.
Last edited by moody07747 at Apr 2, 2008,
Quote by kyrreca
^^^Nice collection. I'm especially jealous of the Memory Lane and the MuRF.

If you want to mod your GCB-95, check out this site (if you haven't seen it already):
http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/mods/dunlop.htm
I've done TB mod, range adjustment and added a pot to adjust the Q value. It was a real improvement. I've still got the modified GCB-95 as a backup and for more conventional wah tones, but I can't fit it on my board at the moment.

*blushes* Well...

Thanks mate, that's actually the website I am using as a guideline, but I appreciate the thought. I've already done the range adjustment, now I gotta finish my true bypass mod, but I'm also building a guitar too from scratch at the moment so it will not be easy.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
digitech
grunge
PRos:its really distorted
Cons:it sounds like mud.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Voodoo Lab Microvibe - i adore this peda, it adds such a new dimension to my sound, i'm sure a high-er end boutique one would be even better.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by edge11
digitech
grunge
PRos:its really distorted
Cons:it sounds like mud.

true that, but i think that is what its supposed to sound like.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Digitech Grunge
Good: It got a good sound, perfect for my band.
Bad: Those sounds were from bad amps, once i got my 6505+, It sounded like crap.

Digitech Bad Monkey
Good: Hasn't done too much for me actually
Bad: Makes amp sound like a blanket is on it. But to be fair I haven't had much of chance to dick around with the settings.

Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Good: Awesome sound, durable
Bad: Little rubber stopper pegs are a bitch to put back on.
Boss Mega Distortion

Good: It was fairly cheap. Sounds better than a DS-1 and without the lameness of a Metal Zone.

Bad: Way to noisy and lacks a mid adjustment knob. I haven't really used it in a while anyways.

Zvex Fuzzy Factory

Good: All types of fuzz sounds can be made with it. Perfect for Smashing Pumpkins, Muse, etc type riffs.

Bad: Settings are hit or miss. Overall a bit to thin sounding if I'm not running an EQ in the chain.

Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Good: Classic wah sound and cheap. I wasn't really looking for anything fancy.

Bad: Pretty limited sweep range.

Boss GT-8

Good: Does pretty much everything I need. You can dial almost any sound if you sit down and play with it.

Bad: You have to sit down and play with it. Digital 'fizz' here and there.

Since getting a GT-8 I hardly touch my other pedals. It's also nice having pretty much everything I need in one unit and being able to get a different sound entirely with a stomp or two.
- Subdecay flying tomato (fuzz)
pros: does high-gain fuzz, creamy fuzz, what-ever kind of (conventional) fuzz.
very tweakable (lows, highs, bias, high/low Z controls).
cleans up wonderfully with the guitar vol knob
cons: found it a bit muddy with the 'low' knob past noon

- a BYOC wah i built
pros: sounds like a vintage clyde. I love it to death.. plus, i've modded it for 6 selectable ranges, a Q control, and a buffer bypass switch .
cons: it was build buy an inexperienced builder(:P).. so it can get a lil noisy...

- TS808 tubescreamer
pros: an all-time classic, it seems.. does light 'tube-ish' OD, gives a nice mid-boost, tightens things up like it's ment to.. a great lead boost .
cons: it's still completely stock, meaning it's not true bypass and the buffer ain't great. i'll prolly mod it sometime .

- Fulltone OCD
pros: that's a real keeper.. does every type of OD i really need, beautifully .
incredibly dynamic, a huge range of OD/dist sounds, gives those overtones of pushed tubes.. beautiful.
cons: don't know if thats a real 'con', but everything over noon on the vol knob is so friggin loud it's ridiculous(for stomping mid-song). but usually that thing is on 100% of the time so it's not a real problem .

- AMT electronics 7-band EQ
pros: incredibly cheap, 7 bands+total boost/cut, transparent, silent
cons: no true bypass, i think

- BOSS PH-3 (phase shifter)
pros: versatile, does wacky stuff.. the 'step' and 'fall'/'rise' features are pretty cool
cons: doesn't sound as good as other phasers on the more conventional settings

- BOSS CE-1 (chorus)
pros: straight-forward chorus.. pretty much the standard sound you can come up with when thinking of chorus
cons: a bit stale.. i don't know if I'm keeping this 1

- Marshall Echohead (delay)
pros: sots of features, sounds good, i really like setting #3(tape-echo), cheap, does stereo.
cons: mine doesn't always work when i stomp on it.. led come on but no delay. sometimes. will prolly sell and build a BYOC delay .
Quote by dissident52
Digitech Grunge
Good: It got a good sound, perfect for my band.
Bad: Those sounds were from bad amps, once i got my 6505+, It sounded like crap.

Digitech Bad Monkey
Good: Hasn't done too much for me actually
Bad: Makes amp sound like a blanket is on it. But to be fair I haven't had much of chance to dick around with the settings.

Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Good: Awesome sound, durable
Bad: Little rubber stopper pegs are a bitch to put back on.

The grunge sounds good through solidstate but horrid through tubes.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
digitech metal master

good: nice crunchy palm mutes, cutting leads
bad: terrible terrible background hum

ibanez ts808 tube screamer

good: put the od at 3, the tone at 9, and the level at 11 (not o'clocks) and there's a great srv "little wing" tone. adds oomph as well.
bad: turn the drive up all the way and it gets kinda fuzzy and nasty.
'15 Fender Modern Player Tele
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75

Currently GASing for: Orange TH30C
Page 1 of 2