JSSynister
The Tear Baron
111 IQ
thread title genre is more a best guess more than anythign i dont really know what genre this is. Its long, initially mostly piano and clean electric guitar, a couple building chorus', a slow solo, an all piano interlude that leads into a orchestra backed climax, and not sure where to go from there

instrumentation-
instrument pan
grand piano center
electric guitar (clean) center
electric guitar (clean) 5 left (capo on 12th fret)
electric guitar (clean) 5 right
overdriven guitar center
overdriven guitar 5 left
overdriven guitar 5 right
electric base center
percussion center
violin* 3 left
viola* 1 left
cello* 2 right
contrabass* 3 right

*all the string instruments represent string sections, they sound a bit rough in the midi, but I've tyred it in FLstudio with a VST plugin of mine, sounds very good.

edit - added GP4 format to the zip
Attachments:
a_whisper_amongst_war.zip
Quote by demoniacfashion
I think the worst are when intended compliments are really stupid. Like,"Dude, you're like the black Jimi Hendrix! Does that guy even still make albums?"
Last edited by JSSynister at Apr 1, 2008,
Jonathan Trejo
ZeBlaZeD
1,438 IQ
Critting as i listen...
I love your chord progressing how you go up and down then hit the main 2 notes. Thats awesome . The intro is alright but i wish you would of added some sythn lol. The Lead fits very nicely.I really like that riff at bars 58-62 The x notes are used way to repetivly It kinda hurt my ears lol. The piano at the end is cool. But you should really add a whole lot of lead guitar in there. It sounds so lonley and empty with out the lead. I think right now you've got some great riffs working. Theres alot of depth in your rhythm witch i like.anyway great job, And you said u recorded it right? if you dont mind can i see the recorded copy ? o yeah and c4c https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=823979
Click My Library to see what I've written

My Library
JSSynister
The Tear Baron
111 IQ
I've just done a test recording of the rythms and leads in later part of the song, where its played over the ochrestal parts, just to get a better idea how it sounds as a finished product but thats all. I could cut together just that section and export it to mp3 if you want.
Quote by demoniacfashion
I think the worst are when intended compliments are really stupid. Like,"Dude, you're like the black Jimi Hendrix! Does that guy even still make albums?"
JSSynister
The Tear Baron
111 IQ
Done . Didnt have a saved project file, but still had recordings. Its just the guitars and string sections, no drum or base. Not the greatest quality recording. Im a bit of a noobie when it comes to recording and not the cleanest guitar player either but its enough to get a good idea of the sound
Quote by demoniacfashion
eggo_boi_15
UG Freak
821 IQ
Wow this was pretty amazing. Cant find any problems with it, all the instruments worked so well together, one thing though, the drums were like inaduadible

Other than that, great work mate. not much i can say apart from its amazing. 9/10

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=826390
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

SsPunk
UG Senior Member
310 IQ
Couldnt open the gp5 cause my version is 5.0 and illegal, hehe.. so it's harder to analyse as much..

anyway, i listened to it on your profile, and really liked it, everything worked well together, the piano did seem a little drowned out in the first section when the guitar came in though although it wasn't perfectly in time, it was really quite pretty

did you think of the name first or the song after the name?
wat.
JSSynister
The Tear Baron
111 IQ
I came up with the song title not long before I posted, while I was writing it it was just "WIP17"

edit - added GP4 format to the zip
Quote by demoniacfashion
Last edited by JSSynister at Apr 1, 2008,