Hey guys, according to the AF-Music Theory website, longterm studies have been performed to show the effects of learning music theory. While those taught nothing struggled mightily, those who learned only the basics, not even modes, did better on their instruments than those taught through college-level theory.

Additionally, those taught advanced theory suffered from many health issues, including: sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes (are we talking about music or a cat?), dizziness, and increased frequency of our "special time of the month." Some even developed serious conditions such as kuru, syphilis, and AIDS.

Here's the link. I don't know if this kind of experiment means anything to anyone else, but I've sure given up on all but the basics!

APRIL FOOLS!
Last edited by bangoodcharlote at Apr 2, 2008,
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Hey guys, according to the AF-Music Theory website, longterm studies have been performed to show the effects of learning music theory. While those taught nothing struggled mightily, those who learned only the basics, not even modes, did better on their instruments than those taught through college-level theory.

Additionally, those taught advanced theory suffered from many health issues, including: sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes (are we talking about music or a cat?), dizziness, and increased frequency of our "special time of the month." Some even developed serious conditions such as kuru, syphilis, and AIDS.

Here's the link. I don't know if this kind of experiment means anything to anyone else, but I've sure given up on all but the basics!

I would have believed it until then.. :'(
-If I didn't have an almanac, I would've clicked that link.
You are currently reading my sig.

"Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah." - Robert Plant
This is stupid. Correlations are NOT science. College level music theory students get AIDS and syphilis because they are in college having random sex, not because they study music theory.
Quote by Payne86
This is stupid. Correlations are NOT science. College level music theory students get AIDS and syphilis because they are in college having random sex, not because they study music theory.

No one has ever failed as hard as you just did.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Payne86

Guess where my face is right now.

That's right, in my palm.
Call me Batman.
Quote by Payne86
Where's Cowboy with his Star Trek/Super Troopers image when you need him?
Quote by bangoodcharlote
increased frequency of our "special time of the month."

Explains your grumpiness
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
I KNEW IT! Counterpoint is bad for your health!!

First the isopod, then this...soon you'll be rick rolling people.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
I do agree you can get so caught up with learning theory it starts to limit your creativity instead of expand it
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
I do agree you can get so caught up with learning theory it starts to limit your creativity instead of expand it
I totally agree. Once I started learning theory my creativity was stifled and I got AIDS.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
My Imagination
Quote by Payne86

Quote by Payne86

Quote by bangoodcharlote
Where's Cowboy with his Star Trek/Super Troopers image when you need him?

wow i just realised that the guy in your avatar is the janitor !!
^^^that's DR. janitor to you son.
Quote by Payne86
hey everyone...thought I'd join in.

Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
My Imagination
Quote by KryptNet
^^^that's DR. janitor to you son.

Im older than you, so dont call me son little man
in UG years that is...
Quote by Payne86

Quote by Archeo Avis
No one has ever failed as hard as you just did.

I almost pissed myself, hahahahaha