okay, everytime i try to play C chrod or any other chord that involves more than one finger, the string before my finger dosent play...!

For example:

On the c chord when i strum it it doesent sound 'clean', and my 2 'fretting' finger always touches the string behind it, so that string dosent sound and that hapens with every one of my fingers....

please help!!!!
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
Try and get the fingers perpendicular (90 degrees) to the strings as much as possible. Oh... And it takes practice. The more you try, the better you get at it.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
thanks, ill keep practising....
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
You have to make sure your fingers are pressing against the frets at a 90 degree angle. And make sure your bring your wrist around the neck slightly so you can fret each note properly.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
I started trying that 90 degree technique and i can get finger 3, and 2 right, but my first finger goes slanted to the left.......when im trying the c chord
My Youtube Channel

Quote by MightyAl
i think everyone has that problem when starting. I fixed it by,
Picking three chords such as Em, A (easy transition ) and C. Play through each with one strum. Try to forget about it not sounding clean , because as you become more natural (fingers automatically go to position) You can work on the cleanness then.
cheers guys!!!!
My Youtube Channel

Quote by MightyAl
You sound like you need to drop your wrist. I can't really describe it on the internet(if I was beside you I could physically show you how to do it) but what you have to do is bring your left hand wrist down from where it is to a lower angle, that way your fingers will have more space to attack the right place of the strings comfortably.
Do it slowly.

It's all muscle memory; once your fingers are accustomed to the shape, you'll be able to fret instantly.
hue