I prefer Ibanez simply because of the necks. Other then that they seem fairly similar to me.
Go to a guitar shop and try them out. Find a guitar that feels comfortable and try it out on a few different amps.
Quote by bass guy 129
Ive been looking at a guitar, and i need to decide. Jackson DKMG- all glossy black in good condition, or an ibanez RG. Im not sure which one, but itll probably have an edge pro and almost definitely HSH config.

I play everything. Im into neoclassical right now, but i also want something that can clean up well, too.

then you want an Ibanez S5470
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
both are good, i prefer ibanez, but at the same time the jackson soloists have just as quick necks as the s-series ibanez's, havent tried the DKMG though
Jackson... because they are all badass even the low end models are good...
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
put it this way, who's more versatile, Bullet for my valentine (who use jackson) or, Joe satriani, Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai and those other guys (who use ibanez) i think we have a winner
Quote by marko'd
put it this way, who's more versatile, Bullet for my valentine (who use jackson) or, Joe satriani, Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai and those other guys (who use ibanez) i think we have a winner

Oh come on! Thats not really a fair thing to do comparing BFMV to those guys. Lots of great artists and bands use Jackson.
do what I did, get both!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by lucifugum
if u play metal, choose jackson, or Ibanez

this ...
helps doesnt it?
toss a coin
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
well as an owner of a jackson dkmg and having had an RG550 for a bit last year, i'd go for the ibanez. especially if your into neoclassical

the jackson comes with active emgs which just dont suit the neoclassical imo, infact i have a hard time playing any type of lead on them

also, ibanez pickups are easier to swap because they are passive and new pickups can simply be dropped in
Top lel.
I prefer the Jackson.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Ibanez because I respect any brand that can effectively add a 'z' to their name. That's like 50 points in Scrabble.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Neither Jackson nor Ibanez are guitars just for metal. They are both very versatile instruments. Play both then decide.

Line 6 Spider Valve 212

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Jackson is going to be built about the same but have better pickups than the RG1570. The RG has an arguably better trem and hardware. Conversely, a used Jackson Professional or used RG550 will be better than both.
I would just get the Jackson DKMG, then in the future get an Ibanez RG5xx + series. Seeing as the Jackson is at such a low price, you might as well get it now since you might not find it at such a low price in the future.
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO JACKSON!!!!!

Okay, now that I've got that out of my system, you need to try them both yourself and pick the one that feels/sounds better to you. Everyone has a preferrence, it may not be yours.
Just out of curiosity what is your price range?? I am selling my RG2550 Prestige.
get the dinky, and drop a dimarzio in the bridge pos. it made a new guitar out of my dxmg.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Quote by Bazilisck311
Ibanez because I respect any brand that can effectively add a 'z' to their name. That's like 50 points in Scrabble.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Oh wow. If I ever need something for my sig, remind me to use this.

Jackson and Ibanez aren't the only brands. There's ESP/LTD or whatever...but then again, you like neoclassical...Strats do that and do cleans well.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
you like neoclassical...Strats do that and do cleans well.

Strats don't do that unless you switch out the pickups and are hung like Yngwie Malmsteen.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by mig-29
get the dinky, and drop a dimarzio in the bridge pos. it made a new guitar out of my dxmg.

im debating doing that to my dkmg
getting rid of these cursed emgs.
Top lel.