Page 1 of 2
i get total guitar.....u?
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
guitar world is only sold in america tough, right???
i live in uk, and i find total guitar to be best....
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
guitar world, 12 dollars for a year's subscription ftw!!!!
Quote by masterk1818
I tell him to stop but he doesn't listen.

He just keeps thrusting

^Talking about his dog

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

^if you don't get it, search for Duel of the Farts
i dont buy them i just read them in the shop while waiting for the train
Dancing In Your Dust
Quote by STEALmyDOG
i dont buy them i just read them in the shop while waiting for the train

lol
My Youtube Channel

Quote by MightyAl
I got guitar world for a while, but they went and started sucking the dick of every half-ass shredder on the planet.

I switched to GuitarOne. Lot more interviews, with a lot of varied and lesser known artists.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I just steal whatever ones I can.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I get guitar player (tons of variety) and I just stopped Guitar World cuz it sucks. Seriously the last issue i got (current one) has a 3 page article on what to wear to be a rock star. **** that magazine.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Waste of money, I don't need Herman Li to teach me how to play guitar. And to be honest, I wouldn't want Herman Li to teach me how to play guitar. "Tell your friends I'm cool or I shit on your head!"

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
In terms of tabs and lessons, I reckon Guitar Techniques and Young Guitar are the best out there.

The old issues of Total Guitar are great, although they're pretty terrible these days; unless you like Trivium and Avenged Sevenfold, then it's still great...
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Apr 1, 2008,
one of my relatives sends me a subscription to Guitar World every year, so usually that, though sometimes I'll pick up Guitar Player if it has something that interests me in it. I will also occasionally buy Guitar Techniques, but getting it on import is like $13 and it's a really small magazine, so I don't do that very often.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Just cancelled a subscription to Total Guitar......

Reason being it's crap....I'm sick of articles on Trivium, Avenged ****efold and those 2 choad smokers from dragonwank...
Quote by fergus74
Just cancelled a subscription to Total Guitar......

Reason being it's crap....I'm sick of articles on Trivium, Avenged ****efold and those 2 choad smokers from dragonwank...

Me too.. watch out cause they call you up asking why you cancelled, then try to get you to buy anyone mag off them
lol, yeah so was i I didnt answer at first, so they just kept on calling, and calling.. must've had about 30 calls
Premier Guitar... not the best, but oh well...
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Guthrie Govan writes for guitar techniques so I go for it always.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Buy? I'm a rocker, damn it. I don't buy stuff if I can steal it.

I usually grab the Guitar World and Legend or whatever we have that month off the shelves at work.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
How can you hate guitar world they have great interviews and great lessons and tabs dont buy the magazines in the store though because they are 8 dollars buy the subscription it is 12 dollars for 12 issues
Quote by deadhead876
How can you hate guitar world they have great interviews and great lessons and tabs dont buy the magazines in the store though because they are 8 dollars buy the subscription it is 12 dollars for 12 issues

Well, I only read it for the reviews of various things in the back, and usually it isn't anything that pertains to me. I dislike Guitar World because there is too much focus on the cliche classic rock bands and metal. I just think it is really annoying that they keep sending out the same articles on the same musicians.. Meanwhile, you almost never see anything about Frank Zappa in there, or Steve Howe. If you did, maybe people would learn something different for once. I just think it is a boring magazine 95 percent of the time.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by deadhead876

well personally, they tend to interview people I couldn't give two shits about, and have lessons by the same people (although some times those are useful) and they don't tend to tab many things I like either.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Guitarist. By far the best guitar magazine in the UK. Unlike Total Guitar, it's got in-depth reviews of gear, nice, long interviews with a range of artists, not just the latest craze (in general - TG have done some fine pieces on lesser-known bands and guitarists) and invaluable features on various parts of the music industry. Guitar & Bass magazine is also good, but I'll only buy that if they don't have Guitarist or I've bought Guitarist already and read everything in it, which is rare, because it's nice and chunky.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Well, I only read it for the reviews of various things in the back, and usually it isn't anything that pertains to me. I dislike Guitar World because there is too much focus on the cliche classic rock bands and metal. I just think it is really annoying that they keep sending out the same articles on the same musicians.. Meanwhile, you almost never see anything about Frank Zappa in there, or Steve Howe. If you did, maybe people would learn something different for once. I just think it is a boring magazine 95 percent of the time.

Steve Howe had his own lessons section for the longest time, and I have a Zappa Tribute Issue... lawl.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
why do you kids buy guitar mags? you get better info on this website. When i was learning all you had was magazines and tab books..so you end up wasting so much money but now you can all save up for ENGLs and RAN guitars.
Quote by AM666
why do you kids buy guitar mags? you get better info on this website. When i was learning all you had was magazines and tab books..so you end up wasting so much money but now you can all save up for ENGLs and RAN guitars.

Because not all of us buy them for tab? Take me, for example. I buy them because they often have interesting articles on various artists in, cover new gear releases and, generally, give me something to read when I don't have access to the internet.
Used to get total guitar, theyre wank though and give everything at least 4 stars, even if its total ****...

"HOMG MY ASS HAIR" TOTAL GUITARS TOP PICK 5 STARS

Guitarist looks cool from the 2 issues I got of it.

But nowadays I just spend my money on crap.
^ Like death sticks and chocolate?

I agree with you on their rating system. But they're probably paid to give good reviews like that, so meh. I'm willing to bet other magazines are, too.
I usually get Total Guitar, but it's usually my dad who buys the guitar magazines and he sometimes get these other ones that I can't remember the name of..

I like Total Guitar. I don't see what's wrong with it
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
Page 1 of 2