OK I already have a thread up. But I think I've made a choice.

either a Ceriatone 18w a Peavey delta Blues. or a Traynor YCV50.

possibly a ceriatone Superlead100 also. But I don't really wanna buy a cab. But if you can suggest a nice cheap cab I might get this
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I think the Ceriatone and the Peavey will do what they do a little bit better than the Traynor, but the Traynor will be quite a bit more versatile than the other two.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
well what do you think will be better for me then?

I play mostly classic rock and Blues with a bit of metal thrown in for good mesure not very much though. I really like Old Plexi tone and well Boston.
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
In that case I'd go for the Traynor. It does "old Marshall" quite well and is easy to manipulate into getting good metal tones with a minimum of pedals. It's voiced closer to a 2204 JCM800 than anything else in my opinion and really shines with moderate gain tones.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
^+1
Also the Classics can sound very Marshall like with the right EQing, tubes and speaker. With an OD they can get into metal teritory. I wanted to try out a traynor before I bought my Classic but no one carried them around me, so I tried the C30 and really I am very happy with with it. They really are great amps and can imulate many old school amps very well. Don't get me wrong, my amp doesn't sound just like a Marshall JCM 800 for example, but I can make it sounds very very similar. When I boost it with my Tube Screamer it sounds very hard and can pull off some of Nu-metal, its close to "enough" but just not the right type of tone for that.
hmmm. well it dosen't have to be a GREAT metal tone just OK cause I don't play it enough. I'm just worried about Classic rock and blues. those are the ones I really need to know about. But as long as it pulls of plexi it looks like traynor it is.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era