Hi everyone.

I'm wondering about the whole demographics of UG in terms of their main goals for playing guitar: as in what gets you off about guitar. Do you play guitar for the fun of playing music - playing your favourite songs, improvising, practicising etc? Or do you see your guitar more as a medium for composing your own musical 'arrangements'?

I suppose the question is: do you think your more a 'guitarist' or composer?

I feel as if i'm more a composer, however thats probably since i've just given up on any attempts to be good on the technical side of music

p.s. i wish i knew how to make a poll
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.
being better than other ppl

i feel cool...
This account may be a multi, but you can't prove it
:P
A bit of both, I play guitar but sometimes come up with stuff
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
both, i write my own stuff, but when i play for people its usually just covers.
It changes from day to day.

Sometimes I'll be bangin' on the cans of soup at Wal-Mart and come up with something. If people think it's weird that's their problem because I'm jammin'.

Other times I just play guitar when I don't have any particularly creative ideas.

On my best days I have that creative spark and I'm playing guitar. That's usually when I hit "record" and behold in wonder as 15 minutes of absolute silence plays back when I'm done.

"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

I don't have a creative bone in my body so i just play covers because i like to play guitar. I try coming up with my own riffs and songs but they always end up sounding like a mix of the last 3 songs I have listened to. I am 19 and there are 10 year olds that could prob shred circles around me so I dont imagine guitar is going to take me very far in life, so i am with Tommy, just a hobby for me.
I try to compose sometimes, but I compose guitar music. I'm not interested in composing beyond what I would play on guitar. Meaning I don't use a guitar as a compositional tool to make music that would be played on other instruments other than guitar bass and drums. Though I would also enjoy being in a band and collaborating on music or playing other people's music.
I consider myself to be both. The point of picking up a guitar in the first place was to be able to write guitar lines for things I was doing on piano, and because its much easier to get respect as a good singer/songwriter if you're playing guitar than it is if you're playing piano. But, even though a lot of my guitar parts are complex, I usually write all the instruments a part since I play all of them.. But it is boring if I don't let myself cut loose on whatever instrument it is that I'm playing.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I pretty much only play my own music, but I still play guitar just because I enjoy playing guitar too.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
We're all both, but I consider myself more of a guitarist than a composer
My God, it's full of stars!