They are pretty simular. They both have a lot of effects and sounds but which would you recomend? Currently I'm using my friends Roland Cube 15x and I love it (seriously) but I was thinking of getting the 30x for myself. What do you think?
wat kind of stuff u play? if ure into metal, then i guess the cube30 would be better because of the rfier model. im using a 30x btw and its fuifiling my needs

the cube can do other stuff as well liek blues etc etc
Get the Valvetronix. Even if you play metal its better. i play mostly metal on mine.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
The Vox is better. If you play metal, you'll want a distortion or overdrive pedal to make the sound sharper.
I'm a communist. Really.
Isn't there a Valvetronix XL made for metal? Is that worth the extra money? or is it better spent on a distortion pedal?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
i heard the XL isnt that good, id say that a regular one does great for everything. i have an AD30 and its great, i love the effects. and for metal just get a metal muff, mine works great with my valvetronix,
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Well if you like the Cube 15x, then you'd really like the 30x since it has amp modeling and effects.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i have both, i actually upgraded from the roland to the vox. you can get so much more different sounds from the vox. i love my AD15VT
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Aftertime
i have both, i actually upgraded from the roland to the vox. you can get so much more different sounds from the vox. i love my AD15VT

me too, its the best amp in its price range. I can get tones that beat out some amps in the 500 dollar range. it beats the **** out of MGs and Spiders. I think im gonna save for a Peavey or an ENGl or a Mesa tho.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
I <3 my vox. Kinda dark sounding but great. The nu metal and modern Uk settings are great. You also great a wide variety of effects to play with though they sound cheesy at times
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
US highgain is my favorite. It has kind of a Marshall/Mesa sound to it. Of course it sounds nothing liek a real mesa but its close enough for me.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
The Cube sounds too digital. The Vox high gain distortion sucks. Choose whichever one.
get the vox. theyre just so awsome and pretty versitile. the only thing it cant play is any really heavy music, but that can be fixed with a nice distortion pedal
Quote by Glimsom
Well, there was that horrible accident with Metallica, where the entire band had their Metal amputated. =P
Quote by SOCOOLITHURTS
Isn't there a Valvetronix XL made for metal? Is that worth the extra money? or is it better spent on a distortion pedal?

Do not get the XL. That was a big mistake...
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
get the vox. i love mine. just spend some time learning how to use the knobs efficiently and you will love it.
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

is the cube30 the one I have? check out my profile. If so, then if you play metal/grunge/post-grunge type stuff, I would recommend that for sure.
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
i own the roland and you wont regret a thing about buying it trust me i won 2nd place at a talent show with that thing and the other guy had a 100 watt b-52
Originally Posted by SenseS FaiL
everytime it thunders i have to be away from a window and outside, i saw a tv show where it showed me a lady getting thundered in the face by watching outside her car window and that scarred me for life i guess
i have the cube 60... pretty versatile... and i love it

never played the vox valvetronix.. so no comments there
Last edited by just17n8 at Apr 2, 2008,
Quote by steel337
The Cube sounds too digital. The Vox high gain distortion sucks. Choose whichever one.

i like the high gain distortion channel. it depends on what kinda guitar your running through it. Its a bit week if your using quieter pickups but with an EMG equipped guitar it sounds great.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
I have the 30 watt Vox Valvetronics and it has some amazing clean sounds. The different amp types are good for classic rock, but they dont really have enough treble for modern metal. I use the EH Metal Muff in front of my clean channel and it sounds great for practicing in my apartment (I use it through headphones and it still sounds good). I also use EMGs llike Fuzzbox said. Just dont get Boss Metal Zone it sounds really digital and the knobs are kind of weird to figure out, not the standard bass, mid treble. I used to use it but the Metal Muff is way better. I don't know about the VOX XL. It came out after I got mine, but I do know its $100 more. If you really want to spend the extra money, you can get a used 5150 combo from ebay for about $400. I have a 5150 combo and its killer, but its only really good for metal or hard rock. The clean kinda blows.
And a wise man once said:

"7 Strings are more brutal than 6"
DO NOT under any circumstances get a Spider III. Trust me.

Putting that aside, I'd go with the Vox. I think it sounds a lot better than the Cube.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Cube! Its has a good metal tone and decent cleans.Vox has better cleans,but not the best metal selection...and dont forget about the dynamic channel on the Cube.
Were living in a world of fools,breaking us down,when they all should let us be.
they both suck...double your money and get a good used tube combo off ebay
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
yh the cube, i gt the 60 watt one n it is good for metal/rock i love it, the cleans arent bad not as good as the vox bt eh cant get both for this money
The Merchant Of the Resident Evil Club
]

Quote by hminh87
What is that big hole at the neck joint for?

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?
I just got a Vox AD30VT a few weeks ago and am really impressed with it so far. Upgraded from a crap MG10 and my brother with a Spider lll 75W (:p) was trying to get a good sound like his 'amazing line 6' that he spent forever getting a decent distortion channel on, and we discovered his was actually really muddy, haha.
Haven't tried the Cube but the Vox just plain old kicks ass. Great distortion, and very acceptable cleans. Can't go wrong with it. Got mine for $130 used also =)
I have Roland 30x and I just love it. There's nothing really bad about it I can come up with.
ive decided to get a vox for under $200 but i cant seem to decide whether i should get the AD15VT or th DA5.. ive hear there is a little difference in sound quality, advantage going to the AD15VT but the portability, size and battery powered capabilities of the DA5 make me interested in the DA5.. so at this stage im still undecided. can anyone help?
Quote by IronMaiden7117
get the vox. theyre just so awsome and pretty versitile. the only thing it cant play is any really heavy music, but that can be fixed with a nice distortion pedal

Volume. What you need to do is just crank the beast.