me and my friends have recently hired a small hall to have few jam sessions in but the drums just echoes and we can't hear the guitar or bass, does anyone have any ideas how would stop it echoing, it would have to be a simple solution
one thing that helps is to stuff the drums full of clothes or pillows or something similar... but i dunno how you'd stop the cymbals echoing.... thats a bummer man, gutting
It helps to have furniture or carpet or anything really to absorb the sound, how you would do that in a rented hall i have no idea.
You line the walls with foam or blankets or things like that.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
the room has a wooden floor with no furniture, its driving us mad trying to stop it
me and my friends have recently hired a small hall to have few jam sessions in but the drums just echoes and we can't hear the guitar or bass, does anyone have any ideas how would stop it echoing, it would have to be a simple solution

Its probably because the hall has a massive echo.In that case you can either get bigger amps, soundproof the hall or scrap the idea altogether.

Would it have killed you to check the place out before you rented it?
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
You can buy rings to put around your drums, i think they're called reverb rings, our drummer bought them for $15 and they make it sound 10x better, he's got a pearl export, and it sounds like **** compared to how it sounds with the rings. Also try using different sticks, he uses graphite or some type like that, they're way louder then wood. For cybals you can use ducttape and put 'em on the bottom.