Before anyone flames me, I didn't find a thread that talked about this, and I did use the search bar.

Recently, I switched to a GHS set of Zakk Wylde strings on my Les Paul, because I need to tune fo my band. The problem is, I can't hit a pinchie worth crap and I'm tuned all the way down to Drop C. I can do them on my SG perfectly, which is in Drop D, which I am using 9's. Any tips? I am in need.
When I changed string gage and guitar for doing pinches it was just practice until I got them again. Just sit and do pinches for half an hour until you get them, then try throwing them into riffs.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Dig in hard. Chances are that the harmonic sweet spots have moved just enough to throw you off.
its all about the angle of the pinch, you can still hit them you just have to adjust your technique for it.
zakk can hit pinches one every string from the open to the 13th fret. practise makes perfect. a little suggestion, find out where you pick when palm muting and focus on that spot. searching for them can be a mistake if you are playing a fast tempo song
Quote by Sakattack75
zakk can hit pinches one every string from the open to the 13th fret. practise makes perfect. a little suggestion, find out where you pick when palm muting and focus on that spot. searching for them can be a mistake if you are playing a fast tempo song

Why stop at 13, go all the way to 21, or 22, or 24. Better practice and it's harder to hit them up higher.
Quote by webbtje
Dig in hard. Chances are that the harmonic sweet spots have moved just enough to throw you off.

The harmonic spots will not move. They are directly proportional to real fractions of the string length, between the fret at which the string is stopped at, and the bridge.
Quote by Geartrigger
Why stop at 13, go all the way to 21, or 22, or 24. Better practice and it's harder to hit them up higher.

they pretty much stop coming through at like 12 or 14. it'll never get through