My newly formed band and I are going to perform at a wedding this weekend. The band consists of drums, bass, guitar (me), keyboard, and singer.

I'm playing a Fender Strat through a Fender Princeton Reverb amp with a Tubescreamer. We aren't going to be playing anything heavy at all, as a matter of fact we've been requested to play Alicia Keys and Coldplay songs (Diary, Clocks) by the bride and groom.

I was hoping that someone could provide some tips on setting up etc. I apologize if this has been asked a billion times.
why did you have to make a second thread?
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
I made a mistake and posted this in the wrong place the first time. I had no idea this sub-forum existed. If I could delete the other one I would. My apologies.
like set up of equipment in general or just your guitar, if this applies to equipment, then

1. Tune guitars
2. Set up drum kit
3. Set up amps and other electrical equipment around the kit...
4. in the end reverse the order
Massacre Deicide
ah fair play.
only tips i can give you is get there early enough for a good soundcheck, at least an hour before you're due on stage and people are arriving.
and make sure you have a spare everything; guitars, amps, batteries, leads etc etc
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by MassacreDeicide
like set up of equipment in general or just your guitar, if this applies to equipment, then

1. Tune guitars
2. Set up drum kit
3. Set up amps and other electrical equipment around the kit...
4. in the end reverse the order

That was pretty much my question. The venue is about the size of you typical high school lunch room. So I wasn't sure if it would be better to just play straight through the amps (for the bass player and myself) or go through a PA. And I didn't know how exactly the set should be arranged, if there is even a set arrangement.
Much appreciated.

Quote by FreedomFighter
Get it right and God will come down and say, "Here son, have MY ballsack".
Quote by FuzzyBear
thats a ballsy couple getting a band whove never played live before to play at their wedding.

That's what I was thinking..... and then I thought, "must be family or friends."

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Old rock 'n' roll classics always go down well at weddings, (and I've played hundreds of weddings ) stuff like 'Johnny b. Goode' by Chuck Berry or 'Great Balls of Fire' by Jerry Lee Lewis or almost any Elvis tune.
They're invariably an absolute doddle to play and generaly only have three chords in the entire song. But what's more important is that rock 'n' roll is generaly something that people from any generation can happily listen to, and weddings generaly have lots of different generations at them.
Buy yourself a decent 50s compilation album and learn it and that's all you'll ever need to be a decent wedding band.
I was at a wedding a couple months or so ago and the band they had was fantastic.

What made them so is that they did *all kinds* of different stuff - everything from AC/DC (yes, they did it well!) to Finger Eleven to Neil Diamond to Brooks and Dunn to Def Leppard.

Everything they did was convincing. Wow!

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Thanks for the help men. The gig went down fine.

Quote by FreedomFighter
Get it right and God will come down and say, "Here son, have MY ballsack".
Awesome! Good to hear!

CT