why do people keep dissing the edge 111 bridges. wtf? they're perfectly fine. i tried an rg which had one and it was fantastic. wat the hells wrong with them?
they're unreliable, they simply don't last
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
well they look and play fine to me. i really can't see why they won't last. it's all bs to me.
how long have you had it?
they knife edges are usually ruined after 6 months of average use
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
i only just ordered mine and my teacher just got one also. it's great. and wat are knife edges?
the knife edges are the part of the trem that actually pivots on the trem posts.
they get ground down really quickly because the whole thing is made of cheap metals
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
^

+1.

Basically, trem is made of soft alloys and metals so the knife edges get worn down, making returning to parallel position hard to do and therefore lose tuning.
so IF this happens to me then wat should i do? should i remove the bridge and replace it with an edge pro?
Quote by perkins15
so IF this happens to me then wat should i do? should i remove the bridge and replace it with an edge pro?

you hit the nail on the head there, that is exactly what you should do
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
OFR goes straight into it.

And I know a friend who has an RG370FM and she loved it at first, two weeks later she repaired it for the first time.
A week later the second.
A few days later the third
She doesn't use it at all anymore.

It sounds like you haven't got much experiance with trems so of course you'll find it good.
Quote by which ones pink
^An Edge Pro would take some routing to fit though, so you're better off swapping it with an Original Floyd Rose, as it's almost a direct swap.

no it doesn't!

the Edge Pro is the only other double locking trem that will fit an Edge 3 cavity without routing into the body
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
Quote by danielrobbyshor
no it doesn't!

the Edge Pro is the only other double locking trem that will fit an Edge 3 cavity without routing into the body

no, the edge pro and edge 3 have different cavities and the closest thing would be an original floyd rose.
Quote by danielrobbyshor
no it doesn't!

Nope, an EP will fit into an Edge Pro II route, but not an Edge III route.
^True. The baseplate of the Edge Pro is longer than that of the Edge III, so the "shoulders" will grind on the rout. But I'd say that's a minor job IF you're the sort of person who can rout through the finish (which is perfectly possible, albeit troublesome for a rookie)...

What I'm wondering is- since the issue is with the knife edges, why can't you just swap them for proper hardened steel one?
^I'm pretty sure EIII knives can't be replaced, though I don't know why (maybe it's all one piece or something). EPII knives can be replaced though.

PinkEdit: Ack, nvm, they can be replaced, but I don't know where you would get spares, and they would probably be the same cheap ones that come with it.
Last edited by which ones pink at Apr 1, 2008,
Quote by which ones pink
^I'm pretty sure EIII knives can't be replaced, though I don't know why (maybe it's all one piece or something). EPII knives can be replaced though.

The ones I've looked at seemed to be seperate from the baseplate.