Hey guys,

I am saving money for about a year and a half now and now that i'm getting closer to my goal (buying a tubeamp) I'm starting to doubt.

I was saving for a Engl Powerball.
Good clean, sweet distortion, 4 channels (!) and the thing I like the most is that I can still play all styles I want (rock, punk, indie, pop, metal, ...).

but than I started looking into the Peavey 6505. I mean...almost all bands I like use it live, it's cheaper, the distortion is awesome, but only 2 channels en lousy cleans...and someone said I could only play metal en hardrock with it.

Now, the live sound is very important to me, so I'm going to take the Peavey...but than again...I do also like to play soft stuff, and i'd love some nice cleans...damn it!

I'm not such a great gitarist, but I know you guys are, so please help me on this one, thanx!

-Rien-

psI: sorry for my bad enlish, I try to manage...
psII: Thanx for the replies, if anyone needs to know what I listen to the most...these are some bands: Black Dahlia Murder, Unearth, Bring Me The Horizon, Heaven Shall Burn, Bridge To Solace,...
Last edited by Kriptonite_r at Apr 1, 2008,
Bogner Uberschall! No competition.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
I'd take the Powerball anyday.
Much more versatile and for me ENGL's overdriven sound is amazing it has it's own unique touch.
Just an overall better amp imo.
And the Powerball will definitely deliver live.
i liek the peavey it has the most killer distortion ive ever heard. and the cleans arent as bad as everybody makes it seem
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
The 5150 cuts like no other in a live situation. Much better than a powerball. Powerballs are really run to play though, tight as ****.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
I LOVE the clean sound from my 6505+...I cant imagine the 6505 is that much different.
Quote by iduno871
I LOVE the clean sound from my 6505+...I cant imagine the 6505 is that much different.

It is, the 6505+ has an extra tube for clean.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Last edited by Ventor at Apr 1, 2008,
the cleans anr tas bad as people make out all.
Guitars:
LTD MHNT250 (Bare Knuckle Warpig in Bridge)
AMP/Cab:
Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960A Cab
Rack:
Korg DTR-1000 Rack Tuner
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
DBX 266 XL Compressor
Check out my band!:
Revenance