I'm currently studying History, Philosophy, Maths and English, probably gonna flunk English and hopefully get an A in Philosophy, B in History and C in English. Looking at different Uni's, Cardiff looks very good at the moment, as it is the nearest one to me that offers a joint honors in History and Philosophy.

Just wanted to know my chances (it's a bloody tough Uni to get into...) and wanted to hear other stories
Weren't you supposed to have done your UCAS ages ago? Or are you doing AS-Levels at the moment?
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

I'm currently ordering prospectuses (open days in June, man!) and am looking at Edinburgh for a joint honours in English lit and Russian studies. Glasgow for english lit is looking good too. Why do you want to go to a close uni? I'm trying to get as far away as possible
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I assume you mean you're gonna flunk maths and not english...

I would say you shouldn't worry necessarily worry about staying close to home (unless, of coursem there is a personal reason for it) becaus most big unis like cardiff will offer the same sort of environment, teaching quality etc. My housemate studies history and philosophy in southampton and he seems to enjoy it here. Most unis will offer around the same sort of grades to get in, though differences will arise from course popularity/spaces available. I would guestimate that ABB will get you in almost anywhere (except the top of the line unis- durham, oxbridge etc), and ABC may suffice for cardiff- i think my mate needed something like BBB for southampton.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I'm currently ordering prospectuses (open days in June, man!) and am looking at Edinburgh for a joint honours in English lit and Russian studies. Glasgow for english lit is looking good too. Why do you want to go to a close uni? I'm trying to get as far away as possible

Depends where you're living I suppose. My brother wants to go to Birmingham University so he can live at home (the bastard, I wanted to put a kit in his room).
I agree with the not looking at distance from home, look for places that you think you'd enjoy living. I'd love to be able to go to Cardiff but had to turn down the offer, ABB for Law and Politics. Staying close(r) to home could save shed loads of money though, depends on what you want though.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Quote by Dinkydaisy

I love the South West and Wales. I've got an eye for Bristol and Exeter...

EDIT: To top the decent areas, they're all good Uni's.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Thing is with staying at home, you'll stay dependant on your parents. University isn't just about getting a qualification, it's a transitional period between your home life and the real world.

Tis why I hate I can't move away from home and need to be dependent. Even if you stay close, like Cardiff or Bristol I reckon you should still get into halls. They all looked reasonably decent at Cardiff, the ones I saw anyway.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Quote by porcupineoris
I assume you mean you're gonna flunk maths and not english...

You sure? With all those spelling and grammar errors in your post

I love both. English is easy to revise but too hard to practice, whilst my improvements in Maths have been astonishing. I really enjoy both, but Maths looks better and should get me a better grade...
Once you're 18, happiness varies proportionally with distance from parents.

For the love of god, don't go to the nearest uni. Go where you want to go.
Hopefully I'm going to study Sound technology at Glamorgan uni, the bit I will be goingto is in the middle of Cardiff.

It;s quite hard to get into though I need 300 Ucas points, should get it though.
Down from the Glen came the Marching Men
With their sheilds and their swords
To fight the fight they believed to be right
Overthrow the overlords...
One thing about Philosophy degrees, particularly if you're taking them straight, is that top unis will want a decent maths grade :P proof of logical thinking.

Average offers tend to be put up on university dept. sites...
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Thing is with staying at home, you'll stay dependant on your parents. University isn't just about getting a qualification, it's a transitional period between your home life and the real world.

I'm a pretty independent person, and I'll want that kind of experience to teach me, as I'll never know until I try

If I went to Bristol, I'd still want to move in by myself because of that. I wanna move further out though, so Exeter and Cardiff look better...
Got conditional offers from UCL, Durham, Warwick and Bristol for law, rejected after interview from Cambridge.

Me happy.
Quote by smb
Once you're 18, happiness varies proportionally with distance from parents.

For the love of god, don't go to the nearest uni. Go where you want to go.

I want to go nearby because my favourite places in the UK are in the South West and Wales...
All this UCAS stuff's to be undertaken a bit later for me, got to get the Highers out the way first.
Having humped the submission out of the Scottish Education system thus far (All 1s at Standard Grade, and A1s in Higher Prelims) hoping the Scottish unis should be alright in terms of minimum requirements, but what does a prospective Law student need in England?
Actually, what are the good unis in the North of England?
Banter Assassin. Every thread I touch dies.

Quote by Danno13
YDPBC > awesome.

Why Thank You.
Quote by Y.D.P.B.C
All this UCAS stuff's to be undertaken a bit later for me, got to get the Highers out the way first.
Having humped the submission out of the Scottish Education system thus far (All 1s at Standard Grade, and A1s in Higher Prelims) hoping the Scottish unis should be alright in terms of minimum requirements, but what does a prospective Law student need in England?

personally, once I start thinking north england I jump all the way into scottish unis... glasgow, edinburgh, st andrews, stirling.

There's always durham, I s'pose.
Quote by Y.D.P.B.C

Chester is quite good for law. One of my housemates, and a lot of my friends do it, and there's a law practitioner's school just up the road (which you need to do if you want to be a lawyer)
I'm staying at home too hopefully. But theres only Queens and University Ulster here. I'm going to do Accountancy. Maths Physics Accounts and English is a bit of a **** at AS.
Real men don't need sigs.
Quote by 11yunited
personally, once I start thinking north england I jump all the way into scottish unis... glasgow, edinburgh, st andrews, stirling.

There's always durham, I s'pose.

A change of scenery would be nice, I spend too much time in Glasgow anyway.
Edinburgh's too pricey, the cost of a drink there does not appeal to a student....
A friend dropped out of St.Andrew's on account of it being too "Snobby".
Dundee's a ****ehole. Aberdeen is easily my least favourite Scottish city. Miserable people, miserable town, my family that live there notwithstanding. Stirling's too close to home.
Thinking about it, I might be as well looking into England.
I'm off to scour league tables.
Banter Assassin. Every thread I touch dies.

Quote by Danno13
YDPBC > awesome.

Why Thank You.