Has anyone just built like a simple frequency boost before? How much did it cost and where would I get started?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
i would think you would need to make it so the original signal still passes through to the output (maybe attenuate it a bit?) but make a branch of that signal that gets put through a filter to get rid of certain frequencies and then amplified
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I have never done it but there are simple rangemaster treblebooster clones. You can always buy a kit from BYOC for 70 or 80 bucks or get the parts for a little cheaper and follow a schematic from the internet.

The Rangemaster isn't really a treblebooster, since it doesn't exactly brighten the tone. It increases the volume of high notes, mainly.
Quote by guitar/bass76
Check here, there's a Beginner Project.

Easiest thing ever, it really shouldn't get any easier than that.

Sweet but that sites a little confusing.
EDIT: Can I get these parts at like local hardware and electronics stores? I don't really feel like ordering all these tiny parts online.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
Sweet but that sites a little confusing.
EDIT: Can I get these parts at like local hardware and electronics stores? I don't really feel like ordering all these tiny parts online.

The beginner portion of the site is actually really newbie-friendly, just follow the numbered threads.
You say you live in Seattle so I'd have to assume there are numerous places in which you could buy the components - and while Radioshack is an option, I'd avoid it as you will likely spend as much as if you'd had better parts shipped.