Hi folks. im wondering are bugera amps any good? im gonna buy a new amp and i was wondering if they could do hard rock/ metal? tnx!
I was trying to decide the same thing about 3 weeks ago. After hearing all of the feedback that said that you can tell they are knock offs I decided to go with a used Peavey XXX. Thank god for the decision is all I have to say...

You can find the real versions of what they are trying to emulate for about the same price used. Just takes a little searching... And IMO the used real deal is always going to be better than a new knock off...
Good Ultimate-Guitar deals:
s.r.v. / Soapboxhero / dbrettw / laxduck / O00Coolzero00O / 1mmpick

Good Harmony-Central deals:

Quicksilver 689 / antiochband / KjStrat / Critter / guillatool1

Good SevenString.org deals:

Guitarmiester / TMM
Quote by Shadowplay13
almost everything amp out there is based on another amp...smartin' the f*ck up

In that case just get something cheap... They are all the same...

Teach me oh wise one...
Good Ultimate-Guitar deals:
s.r.v. / Soapboxhero / dbrettw / laxduck / O00Coolzero00O / 1mmpick

Good Harmony-Central deals:

Quicksilver 689 / antiochband / KjStrat / Critter / guillatool1

Good SevenString.org deals:

Guitarmiester / TMM
Last edited by creativlogic at Apr 1, 2008,
what i mean is even the triple xxx was based on another amp...its called progression,thats how we get better guitars and amps and everything for that matter
The 6262 for example, is based off the Peavey 6505+ (or 5150II, they're the same amp). If you can get one used for the same price, it might be a better idea (although the 6262 supposedly has better cleans). The problem with Bugeras is not the tone - everyone says they sound great for the price. The problem is with reliability - there have been multiple reports of DOA amps or otherwise broken amps. However, on the other hand some users have reported no problems at all. So if you wish to risk having to send the amp back for repairs/new one, go for it.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Dyers
i like bananas

me 2
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Does ANYONE on here have any personal experience with a bad Bugera amp? I'm not talking bout your buddies, cousins, friend in Omaha, I mean you owned one that crapped out!! I'm curious. BTW, so what if they look like Peavey. How many of you play guitars that look like Strats, or Les Pauls, or an SG , but are not Fender or Gibson???
Quote by irok660
Does ANYONE on here have any personal experience with a bad Bugera amp? I'm not talking bout your buddies, cousins, friend in Omaha, I mean you owned one that crapped out!! I'm curious. BTW, so what if they look like Peavey. How many of you play guitars that look like Strats, or Les Pauls, or an SG , but are not Fender or Gibson???

Actually, yes. Worked fine for about 15 minutes, then a pop -> fuse blew. Changed a new fuse, it blew right away.

Currently the amp should be going back to Thomann.de, I'll hopefully get a new one that works.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.