Page 1 of 3
Fast guitar playing is becoming a fad in new guitar players just wanted to talk about favorite fastest player.

Mine:

Yngwie Malmsteen
petrucci, at least he does more than just 1 scale when lightspeed-shredding =P
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Jason Becker?

Like seriously... Not many people get shredding to actually sound melodic and good. Except Jason.
Real eyes realise real lies.
Quote by Zeh
Jason Becker?

Like seriously... Not many people get shredding to actually sound melodic and good. Except Jason.

I think most shredders that are considered good have a sense of melody along with their mad skills.

Those who just play fast for the sake of it are insulted.

That said, I think Satriani has great melodic ideas.
gotta be herman li......... yes i know dragonforce are hated alot on ug but come on in some of his licks you don't know where one note stops and another starts that guy is amazing.....
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

Quote by sashki
I think most shredders that are considered good have a sense of melody along with their mad skills.

Those who just play fast for the sake of it are insulted.

That said, I think Satriani has great melodic ideas.

i agree totally satriani is one of the greatest melodic shredders i respect him but i do not really like his sign

i agree buckethead is a great player.
what i like about him is that i have seen him twice and he plays exactly like his records unlike herman li who sucks live buckethead is a great live player.
hmm... i really like Randy Rhoads, John Petrucci and Vivian Campbell (back when he was in Dio)..
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by munkymanmatt
gotta be herman li......... yes i know dragonforce are hated alot on ug but come on in some of his licks you don't know where one note stops and another starts that guy is amazing.....

dont totally agree with that he is a great player but they can just not play the same live because they arent that good when not playing in the studio
Quote by munkymanmatt

Thats cos its so sloppy

nah, i like dragonforce, only in small doses now, i had a phase where i had downloaded all three of their albums
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Gilbert or Eric Johnson, because they actually have personalities
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Marty Friedman all the way. IMO nobody uses more unique scales in their shredding.
My Gear:
-Washburn Idol 66 Pro
-Egnater Rebel 20
-Roland Micro Cube
-Ibanez Acoustic/Electric
Quote by nightraven
ah shred shred, so many to name

carl verheyen is my absolute favourite, cosmosquad is a good shred band, shawn lane, john5, neil zaza, eric johnson etc etc.

yo man dont even bring up john5 what a dbag
good but a deusche
Joe Satriani, because he's actually creative and doesn't run through scales all the time like a lot of shredders, also he's very dept with other styles. Randy Rhoads comes in close second, because he was badass.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Petrucci is my favorite overall because I just love his style, not to mention his playing abilities are crazy.

Also Marty Friedman for his tasteful solos, he only plays solos and fast when it is necessary.

Then I would say Art Rodriguez for some of the most soulful shred in the universe.
Quote by deadhead876
but running through scales is what shredders are about

uhh not really, well a lot of shredders do that, but it's really really boring.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by deadhead876
but running through scales is what shredders are about

Shred doesn't automatically mean boring, linear stuff. It's just another type of music, only one which demonstrates a lot of technical skill.

Nicolo Paganini was a violin virtuoso, and he composed some shreddy stuff. No wonder Jason Becker and co. all covered his compositions.
I've heard that Paul Gilbert is a pretty fast runner..

Redit: Sorry deadhead876

But seriously, i really like Paul Gilbert. He's actually the only shred guitarist I like

Quote by Dirtydeeds468

BUT DUDE! THAT'S MY OPINION! JUST LIKE PEOPLE HAVE OPINIONS THAT ALL BLACK PEOPLE ARE CRIMINALS! IT JUST CAN'T BE CHALLENGED BECAUSE IT'S YOUR OPINION!

WHEEEEEEEE.

Heja Sverige!
Last edited by RedOrange at Apr 1, 2008,
Quote by sashki
Shred doesn't automatically mean boring, linear stuff. It's just another type of music, only one which demonstrates a lot of technical skill.

Nicolo Paganini was a violin virtuoso, and he composed some shreddy stuff. No wonder Jason Becker and co. all covered his compositions.

true but most every shredders plays shred scales and arpeggios
but that is true that is also why yngwie malmsteen plays alot of old composers and people like that
piano shredders
Jeff Loomis

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

Quote by RedOrange
I've heard that Paul Gilbert is a pretty fast runner..

i really didnt ask for a smart*** comment
I like Adrian Smith an dKirk Hammet, and many others, those are just off the top of my head.
Page 1 of 3