I am pretty good at making barre Chords, but I can't really make one above the 13th or 14th fret. Any tips for making chords up there, if it is even possible, or are there some sort of alternate fingerings I could use?

Help is appreciated .
Quote by DownInAHole.
I stuck my dick in a cactus. True story.

You just gotta keep your hand back a little so it doesn't cover the fret and mute the string. You might have to put a finger over a previous fret, which doesn't affect the sound, but it can be hard to get used to, as one would usually aim between frets.

Oh, and push hard to make the notes ring out properly.
Pay the barred chord at a lower position up a string? Wouldn't that work better?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Generally, most barre chords don't really go up that high on the fretboard...I mean, it's possible, but you might have to apply more pressure and your fretting hand might feel slightly cramped or squished. Is there any sort of song you're playing that uses barre chords in these positions, or are you just curious and experimenting with them?
It's not for a song, just experimenting with them.
Quote by DownInAHole.

--13---
--13---
--14---
--15---
--15---
--13---

becomes this:

--13---
--13---
--14---
--15---
--15---
-------
DUH I totally forgot about that method where you mute the top string. TY
Quote by DownInAHole.