i wanted to know about these strings for awhile. i mainly use d'addarios but my store is out of size 10's. i was lookin at these and wondering the difference and advantages of them. thanks in advance.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
i use them, good strings, give a good thick sound, and also are good for soloing. Good for most anything.
there are relly good for drop tunings, even though i use them for eb tuning, they still sound great
im a death metal guy, so i think i made the right choice. right?
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Quote by McGelie
im a death metal guy, so i think i made the right choice. right?

yep they'll help you with your drop tunings
I use Skinny Top Heavy Bottom strings on all of my guitars (excep the 50s reissue strat, lol). They sound fantastic. The low strings are really fat and give you some nice "chugga chugga" when you palm mute them. THe high strings are 10's, meaning that they're lighter, but easier to bend.

I find that the combination is great because you can riff away on the thick strings and still be able to bend the top strings for solos.

WATCH OUT though... if you have a Floyd Rose, these strings will screw you up! My Alexi Laiho signature guitar needed an extra spring on the tremolo (4 total) to tune to Eb and stay flat (You'd need 5 to go to standard E). Extra springs make it tougher to use the whammy bar.

On my ESP Eclipse and Fernandes Ravelle, these strings are magic.
Main setup:

ESP Eclipse
PRS Torero SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster head, 2x12 cab
FX: Crybaby Slash Wah, Ibanez TS9x, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, Boss TU-2, BF-3, DD-3, PS-6, RC-3, etc.
I use ye old daddario 10-52s, occasion ernie balls. I prefer them much.

Still light enough to bend the higher strings and get some gut chug from the lower strings. Standard 10s just feel ick to me now.