hey there,

I just got a new wah pedal but I only know a few songs that have a wah in it.
Do you have any suggestions for other songs?

thanks, Farether
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Anything Metallica or Zakk Wylde. For something different, Joe Satriani has some such as Surfing With the Alien, Love Thing and The Crush of Love.
Hendrix' Voodoo Child.

that is all.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
a semi-unknown song by a known band...
Messages by Velvet Revolver....You have to either buy it through iTunes or youtube it...One of my favorites, you wont regret looking this up.
check out guns n roses, and "No Quarter" by Led Zeppelin
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
metallica uses wah in a lot of their solos. rage against the machine also occasionally uses wah, combined with other effects. i like the wah in bodies by drowning pool.
Quote by schnips63
Cream - White Room

cream uses wah too. just thought i'd say that, even though you just said it.
Sunshine of your Love
White Room
Tales of Brave Ulysses
=========

Nathnialm

====
ALICE IN CHAINS!! - check out man in a box.....depending on your playing level, sweet child of mine solo....slash always uses wah...probably the most notorious
Quote by sowhat360
ALICE IN CHAINS!! - check out man in a box.....depending on your playing level, sweet child of mine solo....slash always uses wah...probably the most notorious

yeah, already working on that. know it almost completely. but in the 2nd part of the last solo my timing still is a bit off. and I forget the notes all the time:P

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by RockFreak000
In the first link in my sig you shall find the book of wah.

nice, I'll remember that link

voodoo child. nuff said

also, i really like wah pedals for playing funk stuff. just try playing some 9th chords with a wah, sounds orgasmic
stuff:
guitar.
amp.
acoustic.
Quote by hellraiser1133
a semi-unknown song by a known band...
Messages by Velvet Revolver....You have to either buy it through iTunes or youtube it...One of my favorites, you wont regret looking this up.

yes. that is a easy, very nice wah song. also by velvet revolver is slither, that song has a great wah solo check it out
the audience is listenin -vai
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
jimi hendrixxxxx is the wah man so try his stuff and trampel under foot by Led Zeppelin has a wahhhh in it
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
pearl jam uses a lot of wah (animal, alive, state of love and trust, even flow-i think-)and weezer uses it in some songs too, like perfect situation.

BTW..we really DO need a sticky with wah songs..
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Quote by tincho729
pearl jam uses a lot of wah (animal, alive, state of love and trust, even flow-i think-)and weezer uses it in some songs too, like perfect situation.

BTW..we really DO need a sticky with wah songs..

More then that, Mike McCready uses a wah in the solos for like 75% of pearl jam's faster songs
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Lot's of Pantera's songs feature a lot of wah, and it's done rather tastefully, IMO, compared to wah-wankers like Kirk Hammet.
Why isnt anyone saying FUNK MUSIC?? Check out Parliament Funkadelic and The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Satriani - Love Thing

Everything else fails.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by sowhat360

I dont think Jerry Cantrell is using a wah in "Man In The Box", Im pretty sure he's using a talk box, Ive seen pictures of him using one and if your listen closey you can hear a different type of tone that is pretty distinctive of a talk box. I could be wrong though.
^I think it is a talk box.

Quote by Tophue
Why isnt anyone saying FUNK MUSIC?? Check out Parliament Funkadelic and The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Because funk sucks.

It actually does use a lot of Wah stuff, but the genre is not all that popular.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^I think it is a talk box.

Because funk sucks.

well, I love rhcp :P
I already knew a few songs with a wah in it from them

Quote by bangoodcharlote

Because funk sucks.

This statement is full of fail. Funk does not suck. It created a whole new style of bass playing. Duh.

And it's very popular as well (amoung minorities).
Quote by imgooley
This statement is full of fail. Funk does not suck. It created a whole new style of bass playing. Duh.

And it's very popular as well (amoung minorities).

Funny story about my experience with funk:

I was driving a friend home who listens to tons of different artists, and he was playing me some funk. It was freakin awesome and I was definitely feeling it.

All of a sudden, a cop was driving on the other side of the road, and I yelled "COP!!!!" out my window. The cop stopped, turned on his cop-lights, and put his car into reverse... He never actually did anything, but it scared the bajeesus out of me.

So yeah, listen to funk because it pisses off cops.
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112
is there a wah pedal used near the end of free bird? i wasn't sure if there was or not, it kinda sounded like it.
is there a wah pedal used near the end of free bird? i wasn't sure if there was or not, it kinda sounded like it.