I'm new to the whole recording thing. I want to purchase a mixer that will be realiable yet pretty cheap. I've got $200, but I'm leaving my budget at $100 flat.
I don't know whats good and whats not, so I'd be very greatful for any advice on which would be better.

Also, a noob question: Do all mixers come with USB ports? And, if they don't, how to I convert the sound to a recording program, say like, Audacity?

Thanks!
Get yourself one of these..

I know it's above your budget, but that's got everything you need to start recording, and it's the lowest price you'll find. As you learn how to use the gear you'll begin to need more, but to record your guitar or vocals, this is all you need.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by 3rdActguitarist
I'm new to the whole recording thing. I want to purchase a mixer that will be realiable yet pretty cheap. I've got $200, but I'm leaving my budget at $100 flat.
I don't know whats good and whats not, so I'd be very greatful for any advice on which would be better.

Also, a noob question: Do all mixers come with USB ports? And, if they don't, how to I convert the sound to a recording program, say like, Audacity?

Thanks!

I'm not 100% sure what you'll be needing to record. Chances are, with your budget, all you'll need is a two track USB/Firewire interface, and some introductory monitors.
If you're looking to record, you don't need a mixer. Typically they are used for live sound. Although some mixers do have USB or FireWire outputs, they are probably out of your price range right out of the gate, and they typically mix down to a single stereo track.

If you already own a PC/Mac then you may be able to pick up a single input interface for $100. I would suggest searching Musicians Friend here and see if anything interests you. Look at the M-Audio Fast Track USB refurb for $60.

If you don't have a PC then check here and pay attention to the TASCAM and Fostex units. They are within your budget.

I'm afraid for a budget of $100 dollars there aren't many options.
DS
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic